Access denied XP SP2 update on Home

Hello,

When i try to install XP SP2 on a Home edition, I get the attached error.
If the attachment is not viewable, it says
"Service Pack 2 Setup could not backup registry key HKCR\CEnroll.CEnroll to
file C:\WINDOWS\$NTServicePackUninstall$\reg00245. 5:Access is denied."
With Abort Retry Ignore buttons.

Ignore later gives an error "Access is Denied" and the install is
terminated and uninstalled.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Malke

Tony Girgenti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When i try to install XP SP2 on a Home edition, I get the attached
> error. If the attachment is not viewable, it says
> "Service Pack 2 Setup could not backup registry key
> HKCR\CEnroll.CEnroll to
> file C:\WINDOWS\$NTServicePackUninstall$\reg00245. 5:Access is
> denied." With Abort Retry Ignore buttons.
>
> Ignore later gives an error "Access is Denied" and the install is
> terminated and uninstalled.

You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install
Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2

Malke
--