lsass.exe - System Error

My PC is currently giving me the following message and just keeps on going
into a loop which does not allow opening in Safe Mode or anything else.

“lsass.exe - System Error
Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following
error: The handle is invalid.
Error Status: 0xc0000008. Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot
into Safe Mode, check the event log for more detailed information.�

The other messages I have read concerning this suggest the possibility of a
Sasser worm and the requirement to update Wndows XP and/or virus protection.

I have service pack 2 and Norton anti-virus and firewall – all are
automatically updated. Can anyone suggest a solution please?? I tried
following the advice on the MSN help area but that says to click “Start� on
the taskbar – unfortunately the taskbar does not appear before shutdown
starts again!

--
gerisue, plymouth, uk

The solution would be to install and update a reputable Antivirus Program.

Bobby

"Rodney" <Rodney.1omkr7@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

> Has anone found a soultion to this promblem?
>

> --
> Rodney
> Rodney's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12330
> View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819059640

Geri,
I was applying the latest MS updates last night and upon reboot got the
same error. Have you or anyone gotten any solution? Someone responded with
the inane comment to install reliable anti-virus software. Some good that
does when you can't even get XP to the logon screen let-alone to the desktop.