No power to card

When I start my computer, it often has a text warning "You have not
connected power to your 9800 card", and requires a reboot.

I have pushed the power cable into the card as far as it will go. It
doesn't appear to be terribly loose.

It will often boot okay after I fiddle with it, but I'm not sure that
the fiddling is making it work, it's just a question of luck.

I have a p4s5a/dx motherboard, floppy disk drive, 1x256MB and 1x512MB
RAM, 40 gig hard disk, DVD drive and CD/RW, plus Soundblaster live and
Ethernet card all coming off a 250W power supply. Is this too much? My
GeForce 4 Ti 4200 never complained.

Bandit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes Get a good 450W power supply

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:08:06 +1000, Richard Cavell
<richardcavell@mail.com> wrote:

>When I start my computer, it often has a text warning "You have not
>connected power to your 9800 card", and requires a reboot.
>
>I have pushed the power cable into the card as far as it will go. It
>doesn't appear to be terribly loose.
>
>It will often boot okay after I fiddle with it, but I'm not sure that
>the fiddling is making it work, it's just a question of luck.
>
>I have a p4s5a/dx motherboard, floppy disk drive, 1x256MB and 1x512MB
>RAM, 40 gig hard disk, DVD drive and CD/RW, plus Soundblaster live and
>Ethernet card all coming off a 250W power supply. Is this too much? My
>GeForce 4 Ti 4200 never complained.

You CANNOT run all that hardware safely off of a 250 Watt power supply. And
that's why you are getting the error message.

--
DaveW