Need Registry Help for ATI AIW 128 Pro - default audio inp..

Jim

Can someone help me with my old ATI AIW 128 Pro. I know this was
discussed some time ago and am hoping someone will remember just where
in the registry the setting I'm looking for is located.

When you go into the DISPLAY settings and run the INITIALIZATION
WIZARD, near the end you select the AUDIO INPUT and one normally
selects the LINE IN input on the sound card in the computer. ATI uses
the computer's existing sound card for audio to save a few bucks, (but
this external sound capture causes sync problems).

Anyway, when I run the wizard, select LINE IN, the capture audio works
fine, UNTIL I close the TV module. If you launch the TV module and
try to do a capture, you won't get any audio because upon closing the
module it defaults back to AUX IN instead of LINE IN.

I seem to remember there is a key in the registry that sets this
default input to whatever you want to use on your mixer (in my case,
Line in). Would anyone know how to point me to the correct key in the
registry where I could edit the value to make the default LINE IN?

Any help appreciated, as it will save a laborious uninstall-reinstall
process that hopefully can be avoided.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim

I may have accidentally found a solution. I had some old SoundBlaster
audio drivers in the computer and decided to remove them, despite the
warning that it may make the computer unuseable. I did it anyway, and
yep, no audio.

To make a long story short, I re-installed the audio drivers for the
onboard audio (Realtek VIA), and when I did, the ATI Multimedia went
through the Initialization wizard again, and this time I selected the
LINE IN and it appears to have taken, but have not restarted computer
to verify yet, but all of the ATI slider volume contrls are now
working where they didn't before.

Will update