HL2 Release date... when do we get our CD's?

Anyone know...

I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?
18 answers Last reply
More about release date

    Same here, making them send me a physical CD that is mine to `have and
    to hold'. :-) And waiting as well....

    Wil

    "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
    > Anyone know...
    >
    > I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
    > Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

    Isn't it something ludicrous like 4-6 weeks?

    Video game store looked at their info and told me Nov.15th

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:12:40 +0100, "Jamie_Manic" <mmmm...pork rind> wrote:

    >:>
    >:>"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
    >:>news:hIVfd.46104$Pl.10279@pd7tw1no...
    >:>> Anyone know...
    >:>>
    >:>> I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
    >:>> Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?
    >:>>
    >:>>
    >:>
    >:>Isn't it something ludicrous like 4-6 weeks?
    >:>
    Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been told
    its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.
    -----
    Lee.

    "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
    > Anyone know...
    >
    > I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
    > Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

    I believe the coupon reads: "Game will be shipped no later than ten years
    after the earth crashes into the sun."

    Taking a moment's reflection, Lee mused:

    | Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been told
    | its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.

    Official release date is November 16. Stores get it the day before, and
    it's on shelves in the morning.

    "mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailSPäM.com> wrote in message
    > Taking a moment's reflection, Lee mused:
    > |
    > | Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been
    > told
    > | its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.
    >
    > Official release date is November 16. Stores get it the day before,
    > and
    > it's on shelves in the morning.

    Does that mean the Steam versions get unlocked morning of the 16th? What
    time zone, do you know? He says keenly, baring in mind I live in GMT land,
    5 to 8 hours ahead of the US ;-)

    Look what happened to CS:S, we did not get to download it until 7pm that
    evening which is 11am there time.
    If they release it at 12 noon we will get it at approximately 7pm - 8pm. If
    they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it at 8am.
    Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in time, they
    just have the rest of the day to play it.

    Its only a time zone.

    Warty

    "Warty" <yesbut@nobut.com> wrote in message
    > Look what happened to CS:S, we did not get to download it until 7pm that
    > evening which is 11am there time.
    > If they release it at 12 noon we will get it at approximately 7pm - 8pm.
    > If they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it at
    > 8am. Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in
    > time, they just have the rest of the day to play it.
    >
    > Its only a time zone.

    Well yes... and no.

    Since GMT is the standard reference by which time is measured, you might
    have hoped they'd release it at 00.00.01 GMT. Which would be bad for us
    actually.

    If they release at 00.00.01 US time (are Valve west coast? I think they are)
    then that would 8:00 am, which would be perfect for us. We'd have all
    morning playing with the thing whilst the yanks were asleep.

    Still, a few hours here or there is not very important I suppose.

    Chip

    Chip, you just repeated what I had said!!! LOL

    Warty

    >> If they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it
    >> at 8am. Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in
    >> time, they just have the rest of the day to play it.
    >>
    >> Its only a time zone.
    >
    > Well yes... and no.

    > If they release at 00.00.01 US time (are Valve west coast? I think they
    > are) then that would 8:00 am, which would be perfect for us. We'd have all
    > morning playing with the thing whilst the yanks were asleep.

    Do you honestly think they will be sleeping???

    > Still, a few hours here or there is not very important I suppose.
    >
    > Chip

    I was told 4 - 6 weeks for the Valve Premier pack which promptly arrived 2 -
    4 DAYS after I placed the order.
    --
    Brett Tyre
    Kirkland House Foundation

    "Warty" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Chip, you just repeated what I had said!!! LOL

    Oh yes, sorry - so I did! Doh

    Chip

    What?
    I d/l the 'Steam' games...does that mean that I no longer will get the
    actual CD?

    TIA!
    The Rev
    ---------------------------

    "Truck" <noemail@thisho.use> wrote in message
    > Same here, making them send me a physical CD that is mine to `have and
    > to hold'. :-) And waiting as well....
    >
    > Wil
    >

    > On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:56:13 GMT, "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote:
    >
    > >Anyone know...
    > >
    > >I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download
    via
    > >Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    That's what the offer said ... Do this now OR wait for the CD...

    "Rev" <nOpsAM@YOUR EMAIL> wrote in message
    > What?
    > I d/l the 'Steam' games...does that mean that I no longer will get the
    > actual CD?
    >
    > TIA!
    > The Rev
    > ---------------------------
    >
    > "Truck" <noemail@thisho.use> wrote in message
    > > Same here, making them send me a physical CD that is mine to `have and
    > > to hold'. :-) And waiting as well....
    > >
    > > Wil
    > >

    > > On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:56:13 GMT, "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Anyone know...
    > > >
    > > >I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download
    > via
    > > >Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    That is correct. Unless you followed the very specific directions and
    read every bit of the web site, you will not receive the physical CD.
    You will only be able to download the game through Steam, each and
    every time you redo your system...

    No thanks, give me my CD.

    Wil

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:16:40 -0500, "Rev" <nOpsAM@YOUR EMAIL> wrote:

    >What?
    >I d/l the 'Steam' games...does that mean that I no longer will get the
    >actual CD?
    >
    >TIA!
    >The Rev
    >---------------------------
    >
    >"Truck" <noemail@thisho.use> wrote in message
    >> Same here, making them send me a physical CD that is mine to `have and
    >> to hold'. :-) And waiting as well....
    >>
    >> Wil
    >>

    >> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:56:13 GMT, "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Anyone know...
    >> >
    >> >I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download
    >via
    >> >Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:06:21 -0500, Truck <noemail@thisho.use> wrote:

    >That is correct. Unless you followed the very specific directions and
    >read every bit of the web site, you will not receive the physical CD.
    >You will only be able to download the game through Steam, each and
    >every time you redo your system...

    ....if you can't be bothered to backup your steam cache files.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Ya!

    Don't top post!

    > On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:06:21 -0500, Truck <noemail@thisho.use> wrote:
    >
    > >That is correct. Unless you followed the very specific directions and
    > >read every bit of the web site, you will not receive the physical CD.
    > >You will only be able to download the game through Steam, each and
    > >every time you redo your system...
    >
    > ...if you can't be bothered to backup your steam cache files.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    I just called the Best Buy rebate dept., they connected me to ATA rebate
    dept., and I was told that even though I had d/l'd the Steam app and used
    it, that they had different offers in different parts of their trading
    markets
    and that I would still get the HL2 CD, perhaps later this month.

    The Rev

    ---------------------------------

    > That's what the offer said ... Do this now OR wait for the CD...
    >
    > "Rev" <nOpsAM@YOUR EMAIL> wrote in message
    > > What?
    > > I d/l the 'Steam' games...does that mean that I no longer will get the
    > > actual CD?
    > >
    > > TIA!
    > > The Rev
    > >
    > > "Truck" <noemail@thisho.use> wrote in message
    > > > Same here, making them send me a physical CD that is mine to `have and
    > > > to hold'. :-) And waiting as well....
    > > >
    > > > Wil

    > > via

Radeon CD-Rom Certificate ATI Graphics