HL2 Release date... when do we get our CD's?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 28, 2004 2:56:13 AM

Anyone know...

I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

More about : hl2 release date

October 28, 2004 2:56:14 AM

Same here, making them send me a physical CD that is mine to `have and
to hold'. :-) And waiting as well....

Wil

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:56:13 GMT, "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote:

>Anyone know...
>
>I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
>Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 4:12:40 AM

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
> Anyone know...
>
> I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
> Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

Isn't it something ludicrous like 4-6 weeks?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 28, 2004 8:25:27 AM

Video game store looked at their info and told me Nov.15th

> Anyone know...
>
> I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
> Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

October 28, 2004 11:01:54 AM

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:12:40 +0100, "Jamie_Manic" <mmmm...pork rind> wrote:

>:>
>:>"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
>:>news:hIVfd.46104$Pl.10279@pd7tw1no...
>:>> Anyone know...
>:>>
>:>> I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
>:>> Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?
>:>>
>:>>
>:>
>:>Isn't it something ludicrous like 4-6 weeks?
>:>
Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been told
its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.
-----
Lee.
October 28, 2004 6:24:49 PM

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
> Anyone know...
>
> I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
> Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

I believe the coupon reads: "Game will be shipped no later than ten years
after the earth crashes into the sun."
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 2:01:06 AM

Taking a moment's reflection, Lee mused:

| Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been told
| its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.

Official release date is November 16. Stores get it the day before, and
it's on shelves in the morning.
October 29, 2004 4:38:42 PM

"mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailSPäM.com> wrote in message
> Taking a moment's reflection, Lee mused:
> |
> | Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been
> told
> | its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.
>
> Official release date is November 16. Stores get it the day before,
> and
> it's on shelves in the morning.

Does that mean the Steam versions get unlocked morning of the 16th? What
time zone, do you know? He says keenly, baring in mind I live in GMT land,
5 to 8 hours ahead of the US ;-)
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 10:49:57 PM

Look what happened to CS:S, we did not get to download it until 7pm that
evening which is 11am there time.
If they release it at 12 noon we will get it at approximately 7pm - 8pm. If
they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it at 8am.
Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in time, they
just have the rest of the day to play it.

Its only a time zone.

Warty

"Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message

> "mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailSPäM.com> wrote in message
>> Taking a moment's reflection, Lee mused:
>> |
>> | Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been
>> told
>> | its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.
>>
>> Official release date is November 16. Stores get it the day before,
>> and
>> it's on shelves in the morning.
>>

> Does that mean the Steam versions get unlocked morning of the 16th? What
> time zone, do you know? He says keenly, baring in mind I live in GMT
> land, 5 to 8 hours ahead of the US ;-)

October 30, 2004 2:30:12 PM

"Warty" <yesbut@nobut.com> wrote in message
> Look what happened to CS:S, we did not get to download it until 7pm that
> evening which is 11am there time.
> If they release it at 12 noon we will get it at approximately 7pm - 8pm.
> If they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it at
> 8am. Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in
> time, they just have the rest of the day to play it.
>
> Its only a time zone.

Well yes... and no.

Since GMT is the standard reference by which time is measured, you might
have hoped they'd release it at 00.00.01 GMT. Which would be bad for us
actually.

If they release at 00.00.01 US time (are Valve west coast? I think they are)
then that would 8:00 am, which would be perfect for us. We'd have all
morning playing with the thing whilst the yanks were asleep.

Still, a few hours here or there is not very important I suppose.

Chip
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 2:32:21 PM

Chip, you just repeated what I had said!!! LOL

Warty

>> If they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it
>> at 8am. Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in
>> time, they just have the rest of the day to play it.
>>
>> Its only a time zone.
>
> Well yes... and no.

> If they release at 00.00.01 US time (are Valve west coast? I think they
> are) then that would 8:00 am, which would be perfect for us. We'd have all
> morning playing with the thing whilst the yanks were asleep.

Do you honestly think they will be sleeping???

> Still, a few hours here or there is not very important I suppose.
>
> Chip

Anonymous
October 30, 2004 8:19:35 PM

I was told 4 - 6 weeks for the Valve Premier pack which promptly arrived 2 -
4 DAYS after I placed the order.
--
Brett Tyre
Kirkland House Foundation

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
> Anyone know...
>
> I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
> Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

October 31, 2004 1:36:12 PM

"Warty" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Chip, you just repeated what I had said!!! LOL

Oh yes, sorry - so I did! Doh

Chip
November 3, 2004 12:16:40 AM

What?
I d/l the 'Steam' games...does that mean that I no longer will get the
actual CD?

TIA!
The Rev
---------------------------

"Truck" <noemail@thisho.use> wrote in message
> Same here, making them send me a physical CD that is mine to `have and
> to hold'. :-) And waiting as well....
>
> Wil
>

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:56:13 GMT, "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote:
>
> >Anyone know...
> >
> >I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download
via
> >Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

Anonymous
November 3, 2004 8:06:46 AM

That's what the offer said ... Do this now OR wait for the CD...

"Rev" <nOpsAM@YOUR EMAIL> wrote in message
> What?
> I d/l the 'Steam' games...does that mean that I no longer will get the
> actual CD?
>
> TIA!
> The Rev
> ---------------------------
>
> "Truck" <noemail@thisho.use> wrote in message
> > Same here, making them send me a physical CD that is mine to `have and
> > to hold'. :-) And waiting as well....
> >
> > Wil
> >

> > On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:56:13 GMT, "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote:
> >
> > >Anyone know...
> > >
> > >I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download
> via
> > >Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

November 3, 2004 11:06:21 AM

That is correct. Unless you followed the very specific directions and
read every bit of the web site, you will not receive the physical CD.
You will only be able to download the game through Steam, each and
every time you redo your system...

No thanks, give me my CD.

Wil

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:16:40 -0500, "Rev" <nOpsAM@YOUR EMAIL> wrote:

>What?
>I d/l the 'Steam' games...does that mean that I no longer will get the
>actual CD?
>
>TIA!
>The Rev
>---------------------------
>
>"Truck" <noemail@thisho.use> wrote in message
>> Same here, making them send me a physical CD that is mine to `have and
>> to hold'. :-) And waiting as well....
>>
>> Wil
>>

>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:56:13 GMT, "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote:
>>
>> >Anyone know...
>> >
>> >I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download
>via
>> >Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

November 3, 2004 5:03:24 PM

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:06:21 -0500, Truck <noemail@thisho.use> wrote:

>That is correct. Unless you followed the very specific directions and
>read every bit of the web site, you will not receive the physical CD.
>You will only be able to download the game through Steam, each and
>every time you redo your system...

....if you can't be bothered to backup your steam cache files.
November 3, 2004 5:36:55 PM

Ya!

Don't top post!

> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:06:21 -0500, Truck <noemail@thisho.use> wrote:
>
> >That is correct. Unless you followed the very specific directions and
> >read every bit of the web site, you will not receive the physical CD.
> >You will only be able to download the game through Steam, each and
> >every time you redo your system...
>
> ...if you can't be bothered to backup your steam cache files.
November 4, 2004 2:00:58 PM

I just called the Best Buy rebate dept., they connected me to ATA rebate
dept., and I was told that even though I had d/l'd the Steam app and used
it, that they had different offers in different parts of their trading
markets
and that I would still get the HL2 CD, perhaps later this month.

The Rev

!