How do I remove administrative rights that was put there i..

My computer is a stand alone PC and not connected to other computers. How do
I remove the administrator from my PC as I do not know the password. This was
done incorrectly. I really do not want to format my PC as I have important
info on it.

I cannot back up any data as the computer requests administrator to backup
the data.

Help please.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:E0A9D2F0-9069-4E03-A5FE-9AACB29E7A02@microsoft.com,
Sean Klopper <SeanKlopper@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My computer is a stand alone PC and not connected to other computers.
> How do I remove the administrator from my PC as I do not know the
> password. This was done incorrectly. I really do not want to format
> my PC as I have important info on it.
>
> I cannot back up any data as the computer requests administrator to
> backup the data.
>
> Help please.

Get the admin pass back.

http://home.eunet.no/#pnordahl/ntpasswd/

It says it's for NT but it works fine in XP.

Galen

TRENDING THREADS