How do I remove administrative rights that was put there i..

My computer is a stand alone PC and not connected to other computers. How do
I remove the administrator from my PC as I do not know the password. This was
done incorrectly. I really do not want to format my PC as I have important
info on it.

I cannot back up any data as the computer requests administrator to backup
the data.

Help please.
1 answer Last reply
More about remove administrative rights

    In news:E0A9D2F0-9069-4E03-A5FE-9AACB29E7A02@microsoft.com,
    Sean Klopper <SeanKlopper@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > My computer is a stand alone PC and not connected to other computers.
    > How do I remove the administrator from my PC as I do not know the
    > password. This was done incorrectly. I really do not want to format
    > my PC as I have important info on it.
    >
    > I cannot back up any data as the computer requests administrator to
    > backup the data.
    >
    > Help please.

    Get the admin pass back.

    http://home.eunet.no/#pnordahl/ntpasswd/

    It says it's for NT but it works fine in XP.

    Galen

Computers Windows XP