whats the word on x700 agp?

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I don't want to spend more than $150-$200 on a video card and it seems that
puts me squarely in the area of the X700 or the nVidia 6600GT. Of course
these
are only available for PCI express. Any word on if/when they will be
shipping an AGP version of the X700 or is there another card that falls into
this same price/performance area that I'm forgetting about?

Tim

"Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message news:MGXfd.3858$Xq3.2973@trndny01...

> Any word on if/when they will be shipping
> an AGP version of the X700

AFAIK, the X700 will remain exclusive to PCI Express

"Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message news:MGXfd.3858$Xq3.2973@trndny01...
>I don't want to spend more than $150-$200 on a video card and it seems that
>puts me squarely in the area of the X700 or the nVidia 6600GT. Of course
>these
> are only available for PCI express. Any word on if/when they will be
> shipping an AGP version of the X700 or is there another card that falls
> into this same price/performance area that I'm forgetting about?

This article thinks AGP 6600GT by end of November. Haven't seen any mention
of AGP X700.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19340

right Ati has stated they have no plans for an AGP version of the X700,
Gforce 6600GT will be available in AGP but the date has not officially been
stated.....