Cheat Procedures for Half-Life

What are the steps necessary to make cheat codes work on HL? I used to know,
but I've forgotten. I just remember that it involved Quick-saving and
Reloading, to make it work.

BTW, I already know the codes, I just forgot the procedure.

TIA

MEOW
O O
= ^ =

lefty

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2003

Try these;

http://www.avault.com/cheats/getcheat.asp?game=mp_hlife

http://cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/003/003107.html

HTH, Lefty

"Mi$$ KiTTy" <KiTTyK@ttBox.com> wrote in message
> What are the steps necessary to make cheat codes work on HL? I used to
know,
> but I've forgotten. I just remember that it involved Quick-saving and
> Reloading, to make it work.
>
> BTW, I already know the codes, I just forgot the procedure.
>
> TIA
>

> MEOW
> O O
> = ^ =

Thanks for the info LEFTY....the ign.com site helped a lot. I remembered the
procedure.

For those who've forgotten it, here it is:

1)Add "-console" to HL shortcut and start game using said shortcut.
2)Play until "LOADING" message appears ( game is Auto-Saving ).
3)Then Quick-Save ( F6 ) the game.
4)Open Console using the Tilde key ( ~ ), and type in "/sv_cheats 1" (
without quotes ), and hit ENTER.
5)A confirmation message should appear, stating as follows: "sv_cheats has
been changed to 1".
6)Now Type: "restart" ( again, without quotes ) and hit ENTER.
7)Exit the Console or Press the Quick-Load ( F7 ) button to play your
Quick-Saved game.
* 8) Cheats can now be activated using the Console.*

MEOW

0 0
= ^ =

> Thanks for the info LEFTY....the ign.com site helped a lot. I
> remembered the procedure.
>
> For those who've forgotten it, here it is:
>
> 1)Add "-console" to HL shortcut and start game using said shortcut.
> 2)Play until "LOADING" message appears ( game is Auto-Saving ).
> 3)Then Quick-Save ( F6 ) the game.
> 4)Open Console using the Tilde key ( ~ ), and type in "/sv_cheats 1" (
> without quotes ), and hit ENTER.
> 5)A confirmation message should appear, stating as follows:
> "sv_cheats has been changed to 1".
> 6)Now Type: "restart" ( again, without quotes ) and hit ENTER.
> 7)Exit the Console or Press the Quick-Load ( F7 ) button to play your
> Quick-Saved game.
> * 8) Cheats can now be activated using the Console.*

On being able to use the cheats: you can also play along and wait until
the game loads a major new area. The cheats will be active then without
reloading.
McG.

Thanks for the added info McGranpa.

MEOW