AIW 8500DV in AGP8X?

Hi All,

I plan to upgrade my mobo to an ASUS A8V. It claims to support AGP 8X
1.5V only. Will my AIW 8500DV work with this mobo? ATI claims AGP 2X
3.3v and AGP 4X 1.5v support. The cost of the new CPU, RAM and mobo is
making me postpone the video card upgrade.

Remove XX from the email address for direct replies.

Thanks!

"Bill Smith" <ctguy_123XX@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I plan to upgrade my mobo to an ASUS A8V. It claims to support AGP 8X
> 1.5V only. Will my AIW 8500DV work with this mobo? ATI claims AGP 2X
> 3.3v and AGP 4X 1.5v support. The cost of the new CPU, RAM and mobo is
> making me postpone the video card upgrade.
>
> Remove XX from the email address for direct replies.
>

> Thanks!

The 8500DV should run perfectly well at 4 x AGP in an 8 x AGP Slot - 8 x AGP
slots will downshift in this case to 4 x.

Paul