Help!: wxp-w2k-ccc-8-062-040929a-018115c

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Installed Catalyst CD for AIW 9600XT after board install.
Attempt to update to "wxp-w2k-ccc-8-062-040929a-018115c"
results in error window with the following:

HKLM\Software\MS\.NETFramework\InstallRoot,
etc, etc. I can't find anything in the system registry to match, let
alone point to.

I've read somewhere that this update supposedly cures the ".Net"
pointer problem, but not for me. System is P4, 1gb RAM and plenty
of HD.

I've downloaded the file several times from ATI and other sites and have
done a clean install (following instructions explicitly); same results each
time.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Jack.

Jack wrote:

> Installed Catalyst CD for AIW 9600XT after board install.
> Attempt to update to "wxp-w2k-ccc-8-062-040929a-018115c"
> results in error window with the following:
>
> HKLM\Software\MS\.NETFramework\InstallRoot,
> etc, etc. I can't find anything in the system registry to match, let
> alone point to.
>
> I've read somewhere that this update supposedly cures the ".Net"
> pointer problem, but not for me. System is P4, 1gb RAM and plenty
> of HD.
>
> I've downloaded the file several times from ATI and other sites and have
> done a clean install (following instructions explicitly); same results each
> time.
>
> Appreciate any help.
> Thanks,
> Jack.

If you have installed the .NET framework from Microsoft Update the
registry entry should be there.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

> If you have installed the .NET framework from Microsoft Update the
> registry entry should be there.

Downloaded and installed .NET framework and subject file and both
work fine..

Thanks very much for the lead.
Jack.