Hello anyone from Microsoft out there??? I have a security..

April 12, 2005 12:47:37 PM

I am reposting this in the hope that someone from Microsoft will respond or
someone who has seen the same problem occur after performing an upgrade from
Win2k to WinXp.

Several systems which have been converted from Windows 2000 to Windows XP
Pro - Service Pack 1 are filling the application log with errors. The
combination of errors are Event ID 1085 and Event ID 1202.

The 1085 errors look like this:

The Group Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute. Please
look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

The 1202 errors look like this:

Security policies were propagated with warning.
0x4b8 : An extended error has occurred.
Please review the detailed log security\logs\winlogon.log under Windows root
to troubleshoot the application of security policy.

I have read many of the KB articles and have tried the following:

1. Deleted the c:\windows\security\ database files and log files. Ran
gpupdate /force.

2. Removed and re-added machine to domain.

3. Re-registered userenv.dll and scelib.dll

4. Renamed local group policy directory

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Frank

More about : microsoft security

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 12, 2005 9:25:02 PM

You might try the the Group Policy newsgroup:

Thanks.
Pat

!