Outlook

I just purchased a new PC with XP-Home, MS Office 2003. I attempted to
access Outlook and i'm quickly prompted to input a User ID and Password. I
do not remember setting up mail to be password protected when I configured
the "network" 2 days ago. Nevertheless, my user name/password (I'm the
administrator) does not work.
I can access my e-mail through optimum online website/webmail, but need to
access via outlook. Any suggestions? Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about outlook

    Please visit the Outlook experts in the Outlook newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    M.Ann wrote:
    > I just purchased a new PC with XP-Home, MS Office 2003. I attempted to
    > access Outlook and i'm quickly prompted to input a User ID and Password. I
    > do not remember setting up mail to be password protected when I configured
    > the "network" 2 days ago. Nevertheless, my user name/password (I'm the
    > administrator) does not work.
    > I can access my e-mail through optimum online website/webmail, but need to
    > access via outlook. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    It's your MAIL username and password it's asking for. The one your ISP
    gave you.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Gordon - I was able to access via the internet, but not the outlook shortcut.
    Works for me for now. thanks for your quick reply.

    "Gordon" wrote:

    > M.Ann wrote:
    > > I just purchased a new PC with XP-Home, MS Office 2003. I attempted to
    > > access Outlook and i'm quickly prompted to input a User ID and Password. I
    > > do not remember setting up mail to be password protected when I configured
    > > the "network" 2 days ago. Nevertheless, my user name/password (I'm the
    > > administrator) does not work.
    > > I can access my e-mail through optimum online website/webmail, but need to
    > > access via outlook. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    >
    > It's your MAIL username and password it's asking for. The one your ISP
    > gave you.
    >
    > --
    > Interim Systems and Management Accounting
    > Gordon Burgess-Parker
    > Director
    > www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Outlook Microsoft Windows XP