Encrypting laptops

Hi, we have laptop users which have offline working from a network drive, how
can we encrpyt the data so if the laptop gets stolen then they can access
this data>

Thank

SW

SW wrote:

> Hi, we have laptop users which have offline working from a network drive, how
> can we encrpyt the data so if the laptop gets stolen then they can access
> this data>
Hi,

If the data is sensitive, you should absolutely encrypt the data, but I
would not have used Microsoft's builtin EFS, EFS is usually a disaster
just waiting to happen. Some calls EFS the "delayed Recycle Bin" ;-)

Some 3rd party alternatives to EFS if you really want to secure the
laptop:

SafeGuard Easy or SafeGuard PrivateDisk
http://www.utimaco.com/indexmain.html

(we are using their "SafeGuard Easy" product to encrypt all of the
local hard disk on all laptops, and we are very satisfied with the
product).

The BestCrypt product found at http://www.jetico.com/ also looks
interesting.

Just be sure to export any encryption keys and safe them on a safe
place (outside the computer).

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: