Kodak DX4530 AC adaptor

Doea anyone have an AC adaptor for a Kodak DX4530 digicam? I'd like to
know what the DC plug looks like. I've tried a generic power pack, but
the plug is a loose fit, and the camera does not power up. Is the plug
an EAIJ type, ie one with a yellow plastic tip?

- Franc Zabkar

"Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@optussnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Doea anyone have an AC adaptor for a Kodak DX4530 digicam? I'd like to
> know what the DC plug looks like. I've tried a generic power pack, but
> the plug is a loose fit, and the camera does not power up. Is the plug
> an EAIJ type, ie one with a yellow plastic tip?
>

> - Franc Zabkar
> --
> Please remove one 's' from my address when replying by email.

The Kodak DX4530 is listed on this page for ac adaptors.
http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product_main/miz-acd.html#Kodak%20Camera

Current price is $17.95 plus shipping in the USA.
Maybe you can find someplace that sells them in AU.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Greetings Franc,

You can use the following for the camera, here in US. If you are in
Australia it may be different. In the US it is a 3volt adapter. For a full
review of the accessories in Australia, log onto the Kodak site there, and
check accessories. You will get a full review of the adapter. The plug
should fit just fine. If not, then return it to the retailer for an
exchange as the plug should fit.

Let me know how you make out.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@optussnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Doea anyone have an AC adaptor for a Kodak DX4530 digicam? I'd like to
> know what the DC plug looks like. I've tried a generic power pack, but
> the plug is a loose fit, and the camera does not power up. Is the plug
> an EAIJ type, ie one with a yellow plastic tip?
>

> - Franc Zabkar
> --
> Please remove one 's' from my address when replying by email.

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:52:41 -0400, "Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com>
put finger to keyboard and composed:

>Greetings Franc,
>
>You can use the following for the camera, here in US. If you are in
>Australia it may be different. In the US it is a 3volt adapter. For a full
>review of the accessories in Australia, log onto the Kodak site there, and
>check accessories. You will get a full review of the adapter. The plug
>should fit just fine. If not, then return it to the retailer for an
>exchange as the plug should fit.
>
>Let me know how you make out.
>
>Ron Baird
>Eastman Kodak Company

Finding an AC adaptor (via mail order) is not a problem. Finding a
"full review" on the Kodak website is another matter. There are *no*
specs, neither voltage (eg 3.0, 3.2, 3.3V) nor current. I have three
3VDC 1.5A switchmode adaptors of the correct polarity (centre
positive) that almost fit, except that the plugs are too loose. That's
why my original question was "is the plug an EAIJ type, ie one with a
yellow plastic tip?" The picture on Kodak's website is not detailed
enough to answer this question.

I'd rather buy a new plug than a new adaptor, especially at Kodak's
prices. I just need to know what kind of plug is required. Hopefully
it is not some proprietary animal. Can you help me?

>"Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@optussnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Doea anyone have an AC adaptor for a Kodak DX4530 digicam? I'd like to
>> know what the DC plug looks like. I've tried a generic power pack, but
>> the plug is a loose fit, and the camera does not power up. Is the plug
>> an EAIJ type, ie one with a yellow plastic tip?
>>

>> - Franc Zabkar
>> --
>> Please remove one 's' from my address when replying by email.

- Franc Zabkar

Since the Digitapower ACD-FJ3 ac adapter is the same one that fits my Fuji
2650Z the power connector is 2.3mm OD, 0.7mm ID. OD= Outside Diameter,
ID=Inside Diameter. ID is zero dot seven millimeter.

The Voltage is 3 volts the current is at least 1.5 Amperes.

http://www.digipowersolutions.com/show_product.php3?pid=1010&Group=AC+Adaptors&Type=&Manuf=&subgroup=
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:25:00 GMT, "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> put
finger to keyboard and composed:

>Since the Digitapower ACD-FJ3 ac adapter is the same one that fits my Fuji
>2650Z the power connector is 2.3mm OD, 0.7mm ID. OD= Outside Diameter,
>ID=Inside Diameter. ID is zero dot seven millimeter.

OK, my plug has an OD of 2.37mm, so it is probably the correct type. I
suspect that the adaptor's current rating may be a bit too low,
otherwise the camera may be faulty.

>The Voltage is 3 volts the current is at least 1.5 Amperes.
>
>http://www.digipowersolutions.com/show_product.php3?pid=1010&Group=AC+Adaptors&Type=&Manuf=&subgroup=
>--
>CSM1
>http://www.carlmcmillan.com