ASP.net: How Did I Get This?

Hi,

Just recently, when I restarted my XPHome machine, I had to choose my user
account to sign on. I've never had to do this, as the only accounts I have
are my user account, and the guest account.

So, suspecting an additional account had been created by a family member, I
looked to see what user accounts I did have. I had a third account:

ASP.net, Machine A...
Limited account
Password Protected

How did I get this?

Thanks,
Bruce
4 answers Last reply
More about this

    Bruce;
    That is normal:
    http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in

    > http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    Ah, yes, I do remember .net Framework in an auto update. I do custom
    updates, and I read that one, and said 'why not'.

    Many thanks, Jupiter.

    Bruce

    > http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    Question about that: If you're not running a web server (or if you're
    running a web server without ASP) on your machine and you have this account
    as a result of installing .NET 1.1, can you safely delete it?

    What else uses the ASP account besides, well, ASP?

    --
    PGP key (0x0AFA039E): <http://www.pan-am.ca/consulting@pan-am.ca.asc>
    Prevent problems before they happen and help others avoid bad design.

    Bruce Wrote:
    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com wrote in
    > -
    > http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php-
    >
    > Ah, yes, I do remember .net Framework in an auto update. I do custom
    > updates, and I read that one, and said 'why not'.
    >
    > Many thanks, Jupiter.
    >
    > Bruce
    I think you can just delete the account, but keep the files when asked.
    This will get rid of the log-on screen.
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

Security Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP