ASP.net: How Did I Get This?

Bruce

Hi,

Just recently, when I restarted my XPHome machine, I had to choose my user
account to sign on. I've never had to do this, as the only accounts I have
are my user account, and the guest account.

So, suspecting an additional account had been created by a family member, I
looked to see what user accounts I did have. I had a third account:

ASP.net, Machine A...
Limited account
Password Protected

How did I get this?

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce;
That is normal:
http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Bruce" <parcxman@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just recently, when I restarted my XPHome machine, I had to choose my user
> account to sign on. I've never had to do this, as the only accounts I
> have
> are my user account, and the guest account.
>
> So, suspecting an additional account had been created by a family member,
> looked to see what user accounts I did have. I had a third account:
>
> ASP.net, Machine A...
> Limited account
> Password Protected
>
> How did I get this?
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

> http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

Question about that: If you're not running a web server (or if you're
running a web server without ASP) on your machine and you have this account
as a result of installing .NET 1.1, can you safely delete it?

What else uses the ASP account besides, well, ASP?

--
PGP key (0x0AFA039E): <http://www.pan-am.ca/consulting@pan-am.ca.asc>
Prevent problems before they happen and help others avoid bad design.

Bruce Wrote:
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com wrote in
> -
> http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php-
>
> Ah, yes, I do remember .net Framework in an auto update. I do custom
> updates, and I read that one, and said 'why not'.
>
> Many thanks, Jupiter.
>
> Bruce
I think you can just delete the account, but keep the files when asked.
This will get rid of the log-on screen.
Treeman

--
Treeman