Login Script not working

VINOD

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004

Hi,

I got new dell laptop with windows xp SP 2 pre loaded and norton internet
security installed on it. We have login script to syncronize the server time
to all the system in the network. It is working on all the system in the
network. But in this laptop if I start the system the script does not work,
if I logoff and login the script works where as if i shutdown the system and
switch it on the script does not work.

I tried all the posible things and could not rectify

This is very importent for me

Plzz any one help me on this problem

Thanks in advance

Vinod

"Does not work" or "does not run" ??? I'm going to guess it's just not
running ... If so, here's a possibility:

By default, XP starts in "fast boot" mode, which gives you a login screen
before it may have finished initializing the network ... If you login prior
to the network being initialized, you won't pick up your login script from
your domain, although cached credentials will log you in ... There is a GP
setting Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | System | Logon
that has a setting "Always wait for the network at computer styartup and
logon" that can be enabled if this is the case ...

"Vinod" <Vinod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I got new dell laptop with windows xp SP 2 pre loaded and norton internet
> security installed on it. We have login script to syncronize the server
time
> to all the system in the network. It is working on all the system in the
> network. But in this laptop if I start the system the script does not
work,
> if I logoff and login the script works where as if i shutdown the system
and
> switch it on the script does not work.
>
> I tried all the posible things and could not rectify
>
> This is very importent for me
>
> Plzz any one help me on this problem
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Vinod