Local Administrator account vs Domain Policy forcing passw..

I am working with a company that is now enforcing password changes through
Active Directory every 45 days. Since AD policy overrides local policy, the
local accounts are being forced to change their passwords too (even though
they are not in AD).

My concern is: Can the local Administrator account expire due to this policy?

I don't think it does, but if anyone knows of a solid Microsoft answer to
this, it would alleviate my fears of not being able to log in as a local
administrator to fix a PC.

Thanks in advance!

mvanlare wrote:
> I am working with a company that is now enforcing password changes
> through Active Directory every 45 days. Since AD policy overrides
> local policy, the local accounts are being forced to change their
> passwords too (even though they are not in AD).
>
> My concern is: Can the local Administrator account expire due to this
> policy?
>
> I don't think it does, but if anyone knows of a solid Microsoft
> answer to this, it would alleviate my fears of not being able to log
> in as a local administrator to fix a PC.

Set the local administrator to "Never Expires" on the local machine itself -
everything should be fine then.

--
<- Shenan ->