Different Web Content w/ Different Carriers! :-(

When going to wap.yahoo.com & mobile.msn.com on a Sprint phone, there
are colorful icons & logos! Their CNN news shows photographs
pertaining to the story!
Why don't we see these same images with Cingular??
Why pay for a color device & not see colors??!!

"Sheri" <eSheri@www.com> wrote in message
| When going to wap.yahoo.com & mobile.msn.com on a Sprint phone, there
| are colorful icons & logos! Their CNN news shows photographs
| pertaining to the story!
| Why don't we see these same images with Cingular??
| Why pay for a color device & not see colors??!!

I see the images on my T616. Make sure you have your phone set for viewing
the pictures. There is an option on most of them for turning it off to
increase load time. Cingular isn't blocking the images, your phone is.

Scott

eSheri@www.com (Sheri) wrote in message news:<492c0fec.0405192220.49ef06ae@posting.google.com>...
> When going to wap.yahoo.com & mobile.msn.com on a Sprint phone, there
> are colorful icons & logos! Their CNN news shows photographs
> pertaining to the story!
> Why don't we see these same images with Cingular??
> Why pay for a color device & not see colors??!!

This could depend on your phone. If your phone has a WAP 2.0 browser,
you should see the colors and images. If your phone has a WAP 1.1
browser, you won't see the colors and images.

> I see the images on my T616. Make sure you have your phone set for viewing
> the pictures. There is an option on most of them for turning it off to
> increase load time. Cingular isn't blocking the images, your phone is.

I have the T616 also & have "show pictures" enabled;
1. When you go to the mobile Yahoo! site on your phone, do u see a RED
yahoo logo and colored icons??
2. When choosing the News link on Cingular's wap homepage, which will
take you to CNN's news, do you see photos??
3. How can I tell which browser I have??

Thanks in advance... cause I am thinking about going back to Sprint...

| > I see the images on my T616. Make sure you have your phone set for
viewing
| > the pictures. There is an option on most of them for turning it off to
| > increase load time. Cingular isn't blocking the images, your phone is.
|
| I have the T616 also & have "show pictures" enabled;
| 1. When you go to the mobile Yahoo! site on your phone, do u see a RED
| yahoo logo and colored icons??

Yes

| 2. When choosing the News link on Cingular's wap homepage, which will
| take you to CNN's news, do you see photos??

Yes

| 3. How can I tell which browser I have??

The T616 has WAP 2.0