Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Do any of you guys have any ideas on how to fool a router into allowing me to connect multiple systems through a regular (MSN - ugh) internet connection? This is a temporary thing, but still worth the attempt for the few months it may be used in this manner. I haven't tried much as of yet, but my initial setup using PPPoE didn't work, although I didn't tweak anything at all. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i dont know of any router that will share a dial up connection. and no there is no way to trick it into using an external modem.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
if your going to use another computer to share the modem connection what are you going to do with the router?

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
There are 3 systems, which to my knowledge requires a switch. The router is acting as a switch for now, until the not-too-distant broadband upgrade. I didn't want to buy a switch now, then a router 3 months from now, so I got a router with a built-in switch and hoped for the best.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
i dont know of any router that will share a dial up connection. and no there is no way to trick it into using an external modem.
<A HREF="http://www.dlink.com/products/broadband/di804/" target="_new">This one</A> will

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
yeah my now retired di-704 allowed a external modem to connect to it also ... wanna buy it :smile:

<b><font color=blue>Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most </b></font color=blue>