Server setup: "Couldn't allocate dedicated server UDP port"

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 20, 2005 3:27:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life2 (More info?)

I'm trying to set up a dedicated server but I whenever I try to run the
server I keep getting the error:

"Couldn't allocate dedicated server UDP port"

I am using NAT on my Superstack 3 firewall and I believe I've opened all the
correct ports for the server.

I've opened the following ports on my firewall to and from the server
machine to the WAN (i.e. internet):

TCP: 27000-27039, 1200
UDP: 27000-27039, 1200, 7002, 5273

Any ideas what the problem is? Or any suggestions as to how to diagnose the
problem?
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 10:54:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

Pete wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a dedicated server but I whenever I try to run the
> server I keep getting the error:
>
> "Couldn't allocate dedicated server UDP port"
>
> I am using NAT on my Superstack 3 firewall and I believe I've opened all the
> correct ports for the server.
>
> I've opened the following ports on my firewall to and from the server
> machine to the WAN (i.e. internet):
>
> TCP: 27000-27039, 1200
> UDP: 27000-27039, 1200, 7002, 5273
>
> Any ideas what the problem is? Or any suggestions as to how to diagnose the
> problem?

Before you start the server, type

netstat -a on the command line and see if a UDP port that the server
uses is already in use by something else.
January 20, 2005 11:54:35 PM

"Spacen Jasset" <spacenjasset@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Pete wrote:
>> I'm trying to set up a dedicated server but I whenever I try to run the
>> server I keep getting the error:
>>
>> "Couldn't allocate dedicated server UDP port"
>>
>> I am using NAT on my Superstack 3 firewall and I believe I've opened all
>> the correct ports for the server.
>>
>> I've opened the following ports on my firewall to and from the server
>> machine to the WAN (i.e. internet):
>>
>> TCP: 27000-27039, 1200
>> UDP: 27000-27039, 1200, 7002, 5273
>>
>> Any ideas what the problem is? Or any suggestions as to how to diagnose
>> the problem?
>

> Before you start the server, type
>

> netstat -a on the command line and see if a UDP port that the server uses
> is already in use by something else.

Got the problem sorted. I changed the IP address I use for the server from
my external one to my internal one and it worked fine.
!