Server setup: "Couldn't allocate dedicated server UDP port"

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life2 (More info?)

I'm trying to set up a dedicated server but I whenever I try to run the
server I keep getting the error:

"Couldn't allocate dedicated server UDP port"

I am using NAT on my Superstack 3 firewall and I believe I've opened all the
correct ports for the server.

I've opened the following ports on my firewall to and from the server
machine to the WAN (i.e. internet):

TCP: 27000-27039, 1200
UDP: 27000-27039, 1200, 7002, 5273

Any ideas what the problem is? Or any suggestions as to how to diagnose the
problem?
2 answers Last reply
More about server setup couldn allocate dedicated server port
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Pete wrote:
    > I'm trying to set up a dedicated server but I whenever I try to run the
    > server I keep getting the error:
    >
    > "Couldn't allocate dedicated server UDP port"
    >
    > I am using NAT on my Superstack 3 firewall and I believe I've opened all the
    > correct ports for the server.
    >
    > I've opened the following ports on my firewall to and from the server
    > machine to the WAN (i.e. internet):
    >
    > TCP: 27000-27039, 1200
    > UDP: 27000-27039, 1200, 7002, 5273
    >
    > Any ideas what the problem is? Or any suggestions as to how to diagnose the
    > problem?

    Before you start the server, type

    netstat -a on the command line and see if a UDP port that the server
    uses is already in use by something else.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Spacen Jasset" <spacenjasset@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Pete wrote:
    >> I'm trying to set up a dedicated server but I whenever I try to run the
    >> server I keep getting the error:
    >>
    >> "Couldn't allocate dedicated server UDP port"
    >>
    >> I am using NAT on my Superstack 3 firewall and I believe I've opened all
    >> the correct ports for the server.
    >>
    >> I've opened the following ports on my firewall to and from the server
    >> machine to the WAN (i.e. internet):
    >>
    >> TCP: 27000-27039, 1200
    >> UDP: 27000-27039, 1200, 7002, 5273
    >>
    >> Any ideas what the problem is? Or any suggestions as to how to diagnose
    >> the problem?
    >

    > Before you start the server, type
    >

    > netstat -a on the command line and see if a UDP port that the server uses
    > is already in use by something else.

    Got the problem sorted. I changed the IP address I use for the server from
    my external one to my internal one and it worked fine.

Dedicated Server UDP Games Servers Video Games