Application Log - Check How Long a User Spent

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hello,

How do i check how long a user spent playing games or was on the internet.

Thanking you in advance.

Dave

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:11E26C50-431E-4ADA-891B-8D62F4F07A1C@microsoft.com,
Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hello,
>
> How do i check how long a user spent playing games or was on the
> internet.
>
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> Dave

By installing spyware. I don't think this is anything that you can do native
to the OS and will need a third party tool to get done.

Galen

I was thinking that they could just look over the user's shoulder. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Ooa9QphQFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Galen <galennews@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> In news:11E26C50-431E-4ADA-891B-8D62F4F07A1C@microsoft.com,
> Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>> Hello,
>>
>> How do i check how long a user spent playing games or was on the
>> internet.
>>
>> Thanking you in advance.
>>
>> Dave
>
> By installing spyware. I don't think this is anything that you can do
> native to the OS and will need a third party tool to get done.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:ebnAV3iQFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Wesley Vogel <123WVogel955@comcast.net> had this to say:

> I was thinking that they could just look over the user's shoulder.
> ;-)

*chuckles* Well, I couldn't actually think, and I tried, of a nice way to
say spyware.

There are two times spyware is legit.

1) When you own the business network or have been given orders to install it
by the people who do own it.
2) When you're trying to maintain the safety of children though observation
beats software each and every time.

Galen

Your legit list looks... legit to me.

--