MS Anti-Spyware Beta. Multi-User Win XP PC.

Hi.
Hope this is the right place. Couldn't find a Group for "MS Anti-Spyware
Beta".

Win XP PC with 4 Users:- Tina (Administrator), Chris, Gemma, Meghan.
Downloaded and Installed MS Anti-Spyware Beta OK.
Runs OK. Finds and removes threats OK.

In order to completely "Clean" the PC, do I need to Run a Scan under each
User? From my testing, I think the answe is YES.

In other words, if I run a Scan under Administrator, does it Scan and
"Clean" all the other User's Files? From my testing, I think the answer is NO.

We currently use:
Norton Internet Security (2005)
Lavasoft's Adaware SE Personal
Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta.

Same question applies to NIS 2005 and to Adaware, please.

Thank you, in advance, for the answers.

--
Rick
2 answers Last reply

    RickCW wrote: in ms.p.wxp.security_admin- Couldn't find a Group for "MS
    Anti-Spyware Beta".

    There are MS Anti-Spyware questions in the msnews group
    microsoft.public.security (just for your information)

    RoseW

    RoseW wrote:

    > RickCW wrote: in ms.p.wxp.security_admin- Couldn't find a Group for
    > "MS Anti-Spyware Beta".
    >
    > There are MS Anti-Spyware questions in the msnews group
    > microsoft.public.security (just for your information)
    >
    > RoseW

    Actually, the above is incorrect. Here are the newsgroups that have been
    created just for the MS AntiSpyware beta:

    At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows
    AntiSpyware is being provided through the following Microsoft
    newsgroups:

    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

    These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. To access these
    newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following location:

    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
    information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

    - NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
    - Account name: privatenews\spyware
    - Password: spyware

    NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com