MS Anti-Spyware Beta. Multi-User Win XP PC.

April 16, 2005 8:33:02 AM

Hi.
Hope this is the right place. Couldn't find a Group for "MS Anti-Spyware
Beta".

Win XP PC with 4 Users:- Tina (Administrator), Chris, Gemma, Meghan.
Downloaded and Installed MS Anti-Spyware Beta OK.
Runs OK. Finds and removes threats OK.

In order to completely "Clean" the PC, do I need to Run a Scan under each
User? From my testing, I think the answe is YES.

In other words, if I run a Scan under Administrator, does it Scan and
"Clean" all the other User's Files? From my testing, I think the answer is NO.

We currently use:
Norton Internet Security (2005)
Lavasoft's Adaware SE Personal
Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta.

Same question applies to NIS 2005 and to Adaware, please.

Thank you, in advance, for the answers.

--
Rick
Anonymous

RickCW wrote: in ms.p.wxp.security_admin- Couldn't find a Group for "MS
Anti-Spyware Beta".

There are MS Anti-Spyware questions in the msnews group
microsoft.public.security (just for your information)

RoseW
April 16, 2005 1:44:21 PM

RoseW wrote:

> RickCW wrote: in ms.p.wxp.security_admin- Couldn't find a Group for
> "MS Anti-Spyware Beta".
>
> There are MS Anti-Spyware questions in the msnews group
> microsoft.public.security (just for your information)
>
> RoseW

Actually, the above is incorrect. Here are the newsgroups that have been
created just for the MS AntiSpyware beta:

At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows
AntiSpyware is being provided through the following Microsoft
newsgroups:

- microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. To access these
newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following location:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp...

To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

- NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
- Account name: privatenews\spyware
- Password: spyware

NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com