AIW MMC query. Does Schedule work on standby?

Ralph

This is undoubtedly a very silly question, but I can find no
enlightenment in the documentation.
If I set up schedule to record a TV program at 3am and put the computer
into standby (Win2k SP4) will it record? (I am quite happy if it stays
up afterwards)

Thanks,

Ralph.

"Ralph" <ralph@rhfurniture.com> wrote in message
> This is undoubtedly a very silly question, but I can find no
> enlightenment in the documentation.
> If I set up schedule to record a TV program at 3am and put the computer
> into standby (Win2k SP4) will it record? (I am quite happy if it stays
> up afterwards)

I'd like to know as well...

Better yet, anyone know how to set up MMC (or other app) to run as a service
in Win2K3 to capture video on a schedule even when no user is logged into
the machine?

For your question, you could set the PC to "wake up" at a specific time in
the BIOS settings. Many mainboards offer that feature.

Well, the answer is it does.
In file player setup there is an option to disable power options while
in use. Can't find this option anywhere else but it seems to work for
TV/recorder as well.

Ralph.
-------------
Ralph Hampton.
The Workshop, Cheltenham GL50 4EY, UK.
Website: www.rhfurniture.com
Email: ralph@rhfurniture.com
I have registered your email address.
If Emailing from an address I don't know,
please use the contact page on my website.
-------------

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:53:56 GMT, Ralph <ralph@rhfurniture.com> wrote:

>This is undoubtedly a very silly question, but I can find no
>enlightenment in the documentation.
>If I set up schedule to record a TV program at 3am and put the computer
>into standby (Win2k SP4) will it record? (I am quite happy if it stays
>up afterwards)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ralph.

I have tried this by pressing ctrl + L, thinking I could just set the
timer and lock the maching out. After a dozen or so times of doing
this with the program sitting there locked up when I go back into the
desktop. This is the closest answer I could find. It cannot be done
from what I've read. Because of a video overlay the ATI card must
create on order to record. I'll let you read it. I thought it would
be nice to just set the scheduler and lock out the machine from my
kids tinkering fingers.

Here is the topic covered.
Paul

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33594273