how to get the firewall instaled.

Can you please tell me how to instal the firewall on my P.C please. My P.C
is the Windows XP Home Edition

assuming you want to use the inbuilt windows firewall its very simple if not
already running
If you have sp2 installed (if new then you will do).

Click control panel. Then click "security center" then windows firewall and
make sure is on.

If you have another firewall like "norton firewall" there will be another
icon there in which case you already fine.

if you dont have the sp2 installed let us know and we will show the other
more longer of way of checking.