Disable password prompt

When I turn on the computer, I am prompted to enter a password. Can you
please tell me how to get rid of this prompt?

I somehow enabled the password prompt last week. I never set a password, so
I just hit "okay" and I can enter all of the programs. However, I would like
to reset the computer so that it starts without asking me for a password.

I would appreciate any advice! Thank you.

Im assuming you mean on the xp loging screen right?

to get rid of it, click start -> control panel -> user accounts -> click
your name -> remove my password

"Disable password prompt" wrote:

> When I turn on the computer, I am prompted to enter a password. Can you
> please tell me how to get rid of this prompt?
>
> I somehow enabled the password prompt last week. I never set a password, so
> I just hit "okay" and I can enter all of the programs. However, I would like
> to reset the computer so that it starts without asking me for a password.
>
> I would appreciate any advice! Thank you.

Go to Start -> Run and enter the following in the Open box:
control userpasswords2
Remove the check mark in the box next to "Users must enter a user
name and password to use this computer".
Click Apply.
In the box that pops up make sure your account is listed under
User name. Leave the password blank.
Click OK twice.
Reboot and see if you're automatically logged on.

Take a look here for more info:
http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php

--
Nepatsfan