Norton IS and Zone Alarm

Is there any advantage to having both progs?
Is one better than the other?
I read somewhere of a problem between ZA and Norton AV when it came to email
scans - does anyone have further info?
Any help/advice greatfully received

Well only have one program dont have both that will cause problems!

They are both very good programs.

I use norton and email scans etc are fine in outlook.

Its hard to tell if one better than other its what you want. Internet
security has things like controls to stop kids seeing certain things and
blocks sites if you must.

ZA is a firewall is very good and may not "bother" you as much. Norton ask
more questions so if you want more control then yeah.

I have no problem with norton just some people dont like it because it can
be "too secure" and that sometimes you will need to go into the files to
unblock that program so it can use it on the web.

If you got a family and like to be safe online NIS is the one.

If its just you and you wana save a bit of money then zone alarm. Its all
down to prefernce both are very good products.

summary:

Norton internet security is more of a complete package and goes beyond just
the "firewall" while zone alarm is more just firwall.

"Peebs" wrote:

> Is there any advantage to having both progs?
> Is one better than the other?
> I read somewhere of a problem between ZA and Norton AV when it came to email
> scans - does anyone have further info?
> Any help/advice greatfully received

Thanks for some straightforward advice. I already have the Norton package and
so far it has given me good service. I keep hearing about how good Zone Alarm
is hence the question. I am coming up to a Norton licence renewal so i
thought that i would ask the question.
Thanks again,

"tiiim" wrote:

> Well only have one program dont have both that will cause problems!
>
> They are both very good programs.
>
> I use norton and email scans etc are fine in outlook.
>
> Its hard to tell if one better than other its what you want. Internet
> security has things like controls to stop kids seeing certain things and
> blocks sites if you must.
>
> ZA is a firewall is very good and may not "bother" you as much. Norton ask
> more questions so if you want more control then yeah.
>
> I have no problem with norton just some people dont like it because it can
> be "too secure" and that sometimes you will need to go into the files to
> unblock that program so it can use it on the web.
>

> If you got a family and like to be safe online NIS is the one.
>
> If its just you and you wana save a bit of money then zone alarm. Its all
> down to prefernce both are very good products.
>
> summary:
>
> Norton internet security is more of a complete package and goes beyond just
> the "firewall" while zone alarm is more just firwall.
>
> "Peebs" wrote:
>
> > Is there any advantage to having both progs?
> > Is one better than the other?
> > I read somewhere of a problem between ZA and Norton AV when it came to email
> > scans - does anyone have further info?
> > Any help/advice greatfully received
> "Peebs" wrote:
>
> > Is there any advantage to having both progs?
> > Is one better than the other?
> > I read somewhere of a problem between ZA and Norton AV when it came to email
> > scans - does anyone have further info?
> > Any help/advice greatfully received

well if ur happy with what you got then no need to change then.

but everybody has there own preference, zone alarm is good as well. but as i
said its what you need out of the product.