Flash wrote:
> "JimBob" <meandyou@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:2vcsctF2jqgp7U1@uni-berlin.de...
> > Is their anyway to fix this myself?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Life?
> >

> Same happened to me and I found...
>
> http://www.coolerguys.com/840556041870.html

So that fan replaces the broken one on the card? How do i go about taking
the old one off, if thats even neciserry(cant spell :()?

Thanks

JimBob wrote:

> Flash wrote:
>> "JimBob" <meandyou@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > Is their anyway to fix this myself?
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Life?
>> >

>> Same happened to me and I found...
>>
>> http://www.coolerguys.com/840556041870.html
>
> So that fan replaces the broken one on the card? How do i go about taking
> the old one off, if thats even neciserry(cant spell :()?

It replaces the whole heat sink assembly and will come with instructions.
Basically you take out two pins, screws, or other fasteners of a like or
similar nature, pull the old one off, put the new on on, and then fasten it
down with the new pins, screws, or other fasteners that come with it.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

J. Clarke wrote:
> JimBob wrote:
>
> > Flash wrote:
> > > "JimBob" <meandyou@nospam.com> wrote in message

> > > Same happened to me and I found...
> > >
> > > http://www.coolerguys.com/840556041870.html
> >
> > So that fan replaces the broken one on the card? How do i go about
> > taking the old one off, if thats even neciserry(cant spell :()?
>
> It replaces the whole heat sink assembly and will come with
> instructions. Basically you take out two pins, screws, or other
> fasteners of a like or similar nature, pull the old one off, put the
> new on on, and then fasten it down with the new pins, screws, or
> other fasteners that come with it.
>

> > Thanks
>
> --
> --John
> Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Thanks that sounds perfect, only had the ah heck 3 months and i threw the
receipt away the day before it broke.