Lost administrator rights access

To increase security, I removed administrator rights from my user
name. Now, there is no administrator for my system in "user
Accounts.". I can't access my system. Any way out of this or do I have
to reformat and reload Windows XP.
1 answer Last reply
More about lost administrator rights access

    Zzyzx wrote:
    > To increase security, I removed administrator rights from my user
    > name. Now, there is no administrator for my system in "user
    > Accounts.". I can't access my system. Any way out of this or do I have
    > to reformat and reload Windows XP.

    By design, the only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP
    Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL
    twice at the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm