Battlefield 1942

Why the hell I don't see any improvement by changing from my old Radeon 9000
Pro to my new Asus 9600 SE?!?! I have Catalyst 4.10 drivers installed

Thx,
TJ

"Tojo" <tojo@nebraska.com> wrote in message

" Why the hell I don't see any improvement by changing from my old Radeon
9000 Pro to my new Asus 9600 SE?!?! "

Because the 9600SE isn't really any better than the 9000 Pro.

In article <2vd30jF2lbmr1U1@uni-berlin.de>, Tojo says...
> Why the hell I don't see any improvement by changing from my old Radeon 9000
> Pro to my new Asus 9600 SE?!?! I have Catalyst 4.10 drivers installed

THat's because the 9600SE is shite.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.

Tojo, you should always do your research into cards before forking over
cash!! SE and LE cards are bottom bin next to failure chips and should
always be avoided unless you're building or upgrading a system for a former
friend or ex wife. minimum card one should concider is the standard 9xxx and
up, pro , then XT.
Read up about specs on SE and LE cards, and you'll find out why they're so
affordable, they usually have things disabled or non functional, or 1/2 the
pipes or bandwidth...... sorry you found out about it after you bought your
card.... most places will only take a card back if it is defective..... and
replace it with a like card.
<got any former friends or ex wives you can sell it to?>

{SFU}Xeon
"Tojo" <tojo@nebraska.com> wrote in message
> Why the hell I don't see any improvement by changing from my old Radeon
> 9000
> Pro to my new Asus 9600 SE?!?! I have Catalyst 4.10 drivers installed
>
> Thx,
> TJ

I still can return it, as i took it for a test. I just thought that it would
improve a bit from my Radeon 9000 Pro as it supports DirectX 9 and has 128
Mb on memory. And the price was 50 bucks, because I can't afford 150 bucks
for a Pro, so I gave it a try... But I was quite disappointed with the
performance of the 9600SE. I'll return it tomorrow. Like that, I won't need
to sell it to an ex-wife or a former friend :)))

Thx for answering,
TJ

"{SFU}Xeon" <Xeon@jgeimaging.com> wrote in message
> Tojo, you should always do your research into cards before forking over
> cash!! SE and LE cards are bottom bin next to failure chips and should
> always be avoided unless you're building or upgrading a system for a
former
> friend or ex wife. minimum card one should concider is the standard 9xxx
and
> up, pro , then XT.
> Read up about specs on SE and LE cards, and you'll find out why they're so
> affordable, they usually have things disabled or non functional, or 1/2
the
> pipes or bandwidth...... sorry you found out about it after you bought
your
> card.... most places will only take a card back if it is defective.....
and
> replace it with a like card.
> <got any former friends or ex wives you can sell it to?>
>
> {SFU}Xeon
> "Tojo" <tojo@nebraska.com> wrote in message
> > Why the hell I don't see any improvement by changing from my old Radeon
> > 9000
> > Pro to my new Asus 9600 SE?!?! I have Catalyst 4.10 drivers installed
> >
> > Thx,
> > TJ

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Tojo" <tojo@nebraska.com> wrote in message
> Why the hell I don't see any improvement by changing from my old Radeon
> 9000
> Pro to my new Asus 9600 SE?!?! I have Catalyst 4.10 drivers installed

The core on a 9600SE is 50Mhz faster than a 9000 Pro, but....

9000 Pro bandwidth.....128bit 550Mhz effective...8.8 Gb/sec with DX8.1
support
9600SE bandwidth....64bit 400Mhz effective....3.2 Gb/sec with DX9 support

That's not an upgrade, it's a 64% reduction in throughput.