Which Version of MMC works smoothly for Radeon 8500 DV inc..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 10, 2004 6:23:48 AM

I am a user of Radeon AIW 8500 DV and am currently using the 7.7.1
version of MMC with 6-13-10-6173 set of drivers. I am keen on using
the DVD Player, if a stable version of MMC including the DVD Player is
available.
Could any experienced user advise on the Vesrsion he/she is using
satisfactorily for
1) video capture from TV or Composite source and
2) playing MPEG Files and VCD and DVD on the Players?
I would appreciate info on the Catalyst Driver version being used
along with the MMC verion.

Thanks.

P. Jayant
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 3:09:22 PM

"jayant" <pjayant@vsnl.com> wrote in message
>I am a user of Radeon AIW 8500 DV and am currently using the 7.7.1
> version of MMC with 6-13-10-6173 set of drivers. I am keen on using
> the DVD Player, if a stable version of MMC including the DVD Player is
> available.
> Could any experienced user advise on the Vesrsion he/she is using
> satisfactorily for
> 1) video capture from TV or Composite source and
> 2) playing MPEG Files and VCD and DVD on the Players?
> I would appreciate info on the Catalyst Driver version being used
> along with the MMC verion.
>
> Thanks.
>
> P. Jayant

I have an AIW 7500 and video capture/playback has always been smooth for me
no matter what versions of the software I used. Is the 8500 LESS capable
than the 7500?

I have a P4 3.06 GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1 GB 2700 RAM, dual channel if that
matters.

Tom Lake
November 11, 2004 1:21:42 AM

You'll find your answer and lots more at http://www.digitalfaq.com/