Lost files after deleting with Microsoft Antispyware - wan..

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently installed Microsoft Antispyware, and ran the spyware scan. It
picked up some viruses and I had them all deleted. Later I realized I
deleted a program that I need. Is there a way to restore this program?
Possibly by using XP system restore? Also it looks like Antispyware has a
system restore, but I don't see the file I'm missing. Last, I did check the
restore point button before I deleted.

Malke

Bryan wrote:

> I recently installed Microsoft Antispyware, and ran the spyware scan.
> It
> picked up some viruses and I had them all deleted. Later I realized I
> deleted a program that I need. Is there a way to restore this
> program?
> Possibly by using XP system restore? Also it looks like Antispyware
> has a
> system restore, but I don't see the file I'm missing. Last, I did
> check the restore point button before I deleted.

For questions about the beta ("beta" means the software is not finished
yet and is still in the bug-checking phase) MS AntiSpyware program, use
the specific newsgroups set up for it:

At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows
AntiSpyware is being provided through the following Microsoft
newsgroups:

- microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. To access these
newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following location:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

- NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
- Account name: privatenews\spyware
- Password: spyware

NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com