what is dxva_sig.txt ?

Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in
news:q825p0p4echqm8136eg1rhmia9iuheul24@4ax.com:

> This is a 0 byte file that's started appearing on my desktop. Actually
> only twice. What is it and how do I stop it ?

A few experiments shows that it gets created whenever I play a wmv file
(wmv2 video codec and wma2 audio codec) with the ATI File Player. No other
video player causes this, so it does appear to be some buggy ATI software.

No idea about a fix -- complain to ATI?

Taking a moment's reflection, Husky mused:

| This is a 0 byte file that's started appearing on my desktop. Actually
| only twice. What is it and how do I stop it ?
|
| http://forum.osnn.net/archive/index.php/t-41526.html this link offers a
| failed solution, other hits I found pointed to ATI.

I got that too when I installed the 4.10 drivers ... though it could
have been present in previous drivers too (I started with 4.10). The CODEC
update solution I ran into (same one indicated in your link) only seem to
fix it for a little while, then the file would return. Though, updating to
Windows Media Player 10 from Windows Update seems to have corrected it
permanently (XP Pro SP2).