Unistall Games software loaded by disobedient son

Despite my request to the contrary my son has played a games on the PC which
has loaded software, cookie of some sort I presume. I have used the contrl
panel add/remove software which while it goes through the motions, eg do you
want to remove all software etc., yes, when the operation is complete the
software is still there. Please can anybody advise what a need to do to get
rid of this software?
Thanks in anticipation.

bar

You might find success by using System Restore and going back to a time
p[rior to your son's indiscressions.

"Ildadaw" wrote:

> Despite my request to the contrary my son has played a games on the PC which
> has loaded software, cookie of some sort I presume. I have used the contrl
> panel add/remove software which while it goes through the motions, eg do you
> want to remove all software etc., yes, when the operation is complete the
> software is still there. Please can anybody advise what a need to do to get
> rid of this software?
> Thanks in anticipation.

Sometimes, it is necessary to manually remove the 'parent folder' after
having used the ADD/REMOVE function..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Ildadaw" <Ildadaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Despite my request to the contrary my son has played a games on the PC
> which
> has loaded software, cookie of some sort I presume. I have used the
> contrl
> panel add/remove software which while it goes through the motions, eg do
> you
> want to remove all software etc., yes, when the operation is complete the
> software is still there. Please can anybody advise what a need to do to
> get
> rid of this software?
> Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your reply, please can you advise how to do this?
many thanks.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Sometimes, it is necessary to manually remove the 'parent folder' after
> having used the ADD/REMOVE function..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Ildadaw" <Ildadaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Despite my request to the contrary my son has played a games on the PC
> > which
> > has loaded software, cookie of some sort I presume. I have used the
> > contrl
> > panel add/remove software which while it goes through the motions, eg do
> > you
> > want to remove all software etc., yes, when the operation is complete the
> > software is still there. Please can anybody advise what a need to do to
> > get
> > rid of this software?
> > Thanks in anticipation.

Malke

Ildadaw wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> Thank you for your reply, please can you advise how to do this?
> many thanks.
>
> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Sometimes, it is necessary to manually remove the 'parent folder'
>> after having used the ADD/REMOVE function..

I'm not Mike, but I'm sure he won't mind if I tell you that you would
just navigate to the program's folder in Program Files and delete it.
If you really are unsure how to do that then you should hire a local
professional to come and give you a few basic lessons. I'm not saying
this to hurt your feelings. It is very important that you as a parent
understand computers enough to know what your child is doing. You
cannot do your parental job of protecting that child if you remain
ignorant of simple computer usage. Take the time to learn a bit about
the computer. The easiest way is a combination of a good basic book
like one of the "For Dummies" series (unfortunate name but good books)
and by having a knowledgeable person walk you through some things at
your own machine. You may find out that the child isn't really doing a
bad thing anyway and ease up on him/her a bit. Or not. ;-)

Good luck,

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Open WINDOWS EXPLORER.. look in the folder C:/program files..