Any expected price drops in ATI cards ?

Im thinking about getting an ATi card and wanted to see if theres any
knowledge about any anticipated price drops now that the X800 and similar
new stuff is out.

Im in no hurry, so I can wait a few weeks or a month if I can expect to save
$50 off a $300 card
2 answers Last reply
More about expected price drops cards

    "Brad" <nospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    " Im in no hurry, so I can wait a few weeks or a month if I can expect to
    save $50 off a $300 card. "

    ATI aren't releasing any AGP cards to eclipse the X800 series just yet. The
    R480, launching December 1st, will be PCI-E only at first.

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18850
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18907

    I wouldn't expect any considerable price reductions until well into 2005.

    The price for ATI cards should be lowest during the month before Christmas.
    If ATI plans on releasing any new cards, they will not announce it until a
    month after Christmas,
    If ATI were to talk before Christmas about post Christmas releases, it might
    stop people
    from buying during the Christmas season, or they might return Christmas
    purchases.

    "Brad" <nospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Im thinking about getting an ATi card and wanted to see if theres any
    > knowledge about any anticipated price drops now that the X800 and
    > similar new stuff is out.
    >
    > Im in no hurry, so I can wait a few weeks or a month if I can expect to
    > save $50 off a $300 card

Radeon ATI Graphics Product