Got my Radeon 9800pro

I think my overall system is slowing it down though but unsure.

Currently have:

Gigabyte GA-7DXR
PC2100 ram (2x512mb dimms) *Yes I know this is a bottleneck.*
AMD XP2400+
SB Live 1024
NEC USB2.0 pci card.
D-link 530tx pci card.
Enermax 480watt PSU
Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800Pro 128mb (256bit) AGP card.

Current results I got though:

3D Mark'01

1600x1200x32bit at 6AA - 7674

Okay that's a lot better than the 1024x768x32 at 0AA I got with the GF4
Ti4200

1024x768x32bit at 6AA - 9809
1024x768x32bit at 0AA - 9776

For some reason this card gets lower marks if AA is lowered or turned off?
Hmmm, okay :)

The only thing I noticed and I think the CPU can't keep up is the 1600x1200
as there was some stuttering going on. Ah well, at least I have a graphics
card that will keep on going okay if and when I can afford to upgrade the
main system.

So can I assume that these results are average for this setup? Not that I
am really bothered as long as it plays the games :)

--
Skipai

"Skipai Otter" <skipaiotter@fishbones.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I think my overall system is slowing it down though but unsure.
>
> Currently have:
>
> Gigabyte GA-7DXR
> PC2100 ram (2x512mb dimms) *Yes I know this is a bottleneck.*
> AMD XP2400+
> SB Live 1024
> NEC USB2.0 pci card.
> D-link 530tx pci card.
> Enermax 480watt PSU
> Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800Pro 128mb (256bit) AGP card.
>

> Current results I got though:
>
> 3D Mark'01
>
> 1600x1200x32bit at 6AA - 7674
>
> Okay that's a lot better than the 1024x768x32 at 0AA I got with the GF4
> Ti4200
>
> 1024x768x32bit at 0AA - 9776

My system is similar to yours XP2200+, 512MB 2100, KT600 and Rad 9600 Pro

my card scores 9450 3DMark01..pretty similar to yours. I think the 2100 ddr
is the brake?

Todd

No, you fellows might have to uninstall ALL your ATi software and then reinstall it again
to get all the lousy little left-overs out of the way. ATi has a little utility to do
this, can't remember its name.

A faster cpu would help both of you. With a 2400+ you are just starting to nibble your way
into 9800 Pro territory. But it will take full advantage of a 9600 Pro or XT. See if you
can overclock your cpu a bit. On my Epox 8k7a board (circa 2001) I can set my front side
bus to 145 and end up with the equivalent of an XP 3000+. That is from just a 12 bump on
the bus speed. With that speed you can start to take advantage of a 9800 Pro.
--
Todd

To reply to me please remove "nospam" from my address ;-)