Got my Radeon 9800pro

I think my overall system is slowing it down though but unsure.

Currently have:

Gigabyte GA-7DXR
PC2100 ram (2x512mb dimms) *Yes I know this is a bottleneck.*
AMD XP2400+
SB Live 1024
NEC USB2.0 pci card.
D-link 530tx pci card.
Enermax 480watt PSU
Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800Pro 128mb (256bit) AGP card.

Current results I got though:

3D Mark'01

1600x1200x32bit at 6AA - 7674

Okay that's a lot better than the 1024x768x32 at 0AA I got with the GF4
Ti4200

1024x768x32bit at 6AA - 9809
1024x768x32bit at 0AA - 9776

For some reason this card gets lower marks if AA is lowered or turned off?
Hmmm, okay :)

The only thing I noticed and I think the CPU can't keep up is the 1600x1200
as there was some stuttering going on. Ah well, at least I have a graphics
card that will keep on going okay if and when I can afford to upgrade the
main system.

So can I assume that these results are average for this setup? Not that I
am really bothered as long as it plays the games :)

--
Skipai
2 answers Last reply

    "Skipai Otter" <skipaiotter@fishbones.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I think my overall system is slowing it down though but unsure.
    >
    > Currently have:
    >
    > Gigabyte GA-7DXR
    > PC2100 ram (2x512mb dimms) *Yes I know this is a bottleneck.*
    > AMD XP2400+
    > SB Live 1024
    > NEC USB2.0 pci card.
    > D-link 530tx pci card.
    > Enermax 480watt PSU
    > Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800Pro 128mb (256bit) AGP card.
    >

    > Current results I got though:
    >
    > 3D Mark'01
    >
    > 1600x1200x32bit at 6AA - 7674
    >
    > Okay that's a lot better than the 1024x768x32 at 0AA I got with the GF4
    > Ti4200
    >
    > 1024x768x32bit at 0AA - 9776

    My system is similar to yours XP2200+, 512MB 2100, KT600 and Rad 9600 Pro

    my card scores 9450 3DMark01..pretty similar to yours. I think the 2100 ddr
    is the brake?

    No, you fellows might have to uninstall ALL your ATi software and then reinstall it again
    to get all the lousy little left-overs out of the way. ATi has a little utility to do
    this, can't remember its name.

    A faster cpu would help both of you. With a 2400+ you are just starting to nibble your way
    into 9800 Pro territory. But it will take full advantage of a 9600 Pro or XT. See if you
    can overclock your cpu a bit. On my Epox 8k7a board (circa 2001) I can set my front side
    bus to 145 and end up with the equivalent of an XP 3000+. That is from just a 12 bump on
    the bus speed. With that speed you can start to take advantage of a 9800 Pro.
    --
    Todd

    To reply to me please remove "nospam" from my address ;-)

Radeon Graphics