Policy Editor

I wish to create a user logon on a stand alone XP Pro PC whereby when logging
in as a user it is totally locked down and will only alow access to a single
application.
Does this require policy editor to be downloaded and if so is this available
on the Microsoft website.

Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Donal
1 answer Last reply
More about policy editor

    How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and folders in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419

    HOW TO: Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882&Product=winxp

    Doug's Windows XP Security Console

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Donal" wrote:

    | I wish to create a user logon on a stand alone XP Pro PC whereby when logging
    | in as a user it is totally locked down and will only alow access to a single
    | application.
    | Does this require policy editor to be downloaded and if so is this available
    | on the Microsoft website.
    |
    | Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated.
    |
    | Donal

Policy Microsoft Windows XP