Rubbish on My PC - PLEASE HELP

Hello I hope I can help,

I seem to have a virus on my Windows XP called jckanzai.exe which I cannot
delete at all. How do I get rid of this ?

Also I seem to have a lot of MFT files in my computer - are these useful or
can I delete them all.

And last but not least, does anyone know where I can find a list of files
that I should never delete off my PC and a list of files I should always
delete because I am sure I have got a load of useless files clogging up my PC
but I am afraid to delete what I don't understand as I don't want to break my
computer.

I hope someone can give me some good advice to clean the rubbish off my
computer...I have CleanUp on my PC and F-Prot anti Virus and adaware but I`m
sure I still got TONS of rubbish on the system. I do defrag and disk clean
every so often as well.

Regards,

Caroline Thom :)
xx
--
Don't worry Be happy !

From: "TomCatEss76" <cattom200476@hotmail.com>

| Hello I hope I can help,
|
| I seem to have a virus on my Windows XP called jckanzai.exe which I cannot
| delete at all. How do I get rid of this ?
|
| Also I seem to have a lot of MFT files in my computer - are these useful or
| can I delete them all.
|
| And last but not least, does anyone know where I can find a list of files
| that I should never delete off my PC and a list of files I should always
| delete because I am sure I have got a load of useless files clogging up my PC
| but I am afraid to delete what I don't understand as I don't want to break my
| computer.
|
| I hope someone can give me some good advice to clean the rubbish off my
| computer...I have CleanUp on my PC and F-Prot anti Virus and adaware but I`m
| sure I still got TONS of rubbish on the system. I do defrag and disk clean
| every so often as well.
|
| Regards,
|
| Caroline Thom :)
| xx
| --
| Don't worry Be happy !

Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)
Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Delete Files

Dump the contents of the Mozilla FireFox Cache
Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Cache --> Clear

1) Download TrendMicro Sysclean by one of the following 2 methods

Trend Sysclean Method 1
---------------------------------------
Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend signature files.

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\sysclean")

Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
Download the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt584.zip

SYSCLEAN.COM.

Trend Sysclean Method 2
---------------------------------------
Download the utility SYSCLEAN_FE at the following URL --
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
SYSCLEAN_FE automates the download and execution process of the Trend Sysclean Package.
Direct URL --
http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/Sysclean_FE.exe

2) Download Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Update Ad-aware with the latest definitions.
3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible.
4) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Ad-aware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware

* * Please report back your results * *

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Thanks Dave for your tips....I will post the resultd when I have completed
all the tasks...would you like me to e-mail a response as I may not be able
to do all this until tomorrow now ?

Caroline

xx

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> [...]
> SYSCLEAN.COM.
>
> Trend Sysclean Method 2
> ---------------------------------------
> Download the utility SYSCLEAN_FE at the following URL --
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
> SYSCLEAN_FE automates the download and execution process of the Trend Sysclean Package.
> Direct URL --
> http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/Sysclean_FE.exe
>
> 2) Download Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05)
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
>
> Update Ad-aware with the latest definitions.
> 3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible.
> 4) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Ad-aware, perform a Full Scan of your
> platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
> (a few cycles may be needed)
> 5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the

Hi again dave, just downloading those programs.....how do i 'creat a
directory' ?

Thanks,

Caroline x

From: "TomCatEss76" <cattom200476@hotmail.com>

| Thanks Dave for your tips....I will post the resultd when I have completed
| all the tasks...would you like me to e-mail a response as I may not be able
| to do all this until tomorrow now ?
|
| Caroline
|
| xx

It would be best to reply to the thread. This way all readers will benefit from the
dialogue.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: "TomCatEss76" <cattom200476@hotmail.com>

| Hi again dave, just downloading those programs.....how do i 'creat a
| directory' ?
|
| Thanks,

Use Method #2. It automates the process...

[...]

I done all the things u said and adaware picked up a few baddies...The
sysclean took ages and seemed to pick up things but I`m not sure if it has
done anything with them though ??

Thanks for your help, I`m sure my system is better off now ....thanks

Caroline x