valve is UGLY

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

valve is UGLY
i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
front teeth missing

and them there is steam website... such dark and depressing colours they
use and not even some pictures, and they want us to buy stuff from it?
the thing would be perfect for funerals and an undertaker advertise
its service but not ever to sell games!

and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
and repulsive image?

but i'm not complaining about it, if there is something i wish when it
comes to valve is they doing it all wrong so they eventually fade out
so please valve keep up the lousy work!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

More about valve ugly
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Yawn.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    difool wrote:
    > valve is UGLY
    > i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

    --- 8< --SNIP--- 8< ---

    Finally, evidence (for those that still need it) that difool has really
    lost his grip on sanity.

    What started out as a potentially legitimate concern about how Steam
    works first became a one-man crusade against Valve, and now has
    descended to mindless trolling.

    difool: get a life, some perspective, a good grammar book, and just
    drop it. Please.

    To readers on csipg.rpg and csipg.strategic, please understand this
    moron has included you on a post about Half-Life 2, but I'm not sure
    why.
    Don't bother replying, he gets way too much airtime as it is.

    To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you at
    least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least we
    can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
    mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    difool bolted into comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, wreathed in wicked, white hot
    flames, and screamed...

    >valve is UGLY
    >i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

    difool, have you looked in the *mirror* lately. ;^)

    --
    Zag

    Guns cause crime
    like flies cause garbage

    ...bumper sticker

    difool wrote:

    <removed cross posts>
    > and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps!

    Sounds to me like you're a bed wetter.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
    > valve is UGLY

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
    <snip>

    Ok, come on now. I was on your side on this thing so far,
    but clearly you are fed up that that the other threads died and
    wanna restart it all again. Just let it go man. It's over.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    difool wrote:
    > valve is UGLY
    > i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
    >
    > like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
    > UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
    > worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
    > front teeth missing
    >
    > and them there is steam website... such dark and depressing colours
    > they use and not even some pictures, and they want us to buy stuff
    > from it? the thing would be perfect for funerals and an undertaker
    > advertise
    > its service but not ever to sell games!
    >
    > and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
    > remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
    > being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
    > from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
    > and repulsive image?
    >
    > but i'm not complaining about it, if there is something i wish when it
    > comes to valve is they doing it all wrong so they eventually fade out
    > so please valve keep up the lousy work!

    hahaha he's lost the plot, now thats definately a quote for the book "valve
    is UGLY" lol
    --

    You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message

    difool, killfile

    killfile, difool.

    I think you will get on well.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
    > valve is UGLY
    > i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
    >
    > like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
    > UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
    > worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
    > front teeth missing

    <snip>

    As much as I dislike Steam myself, I must say that you are really making
    yourself look bad, and are hurting your own cause by posting about Steam and
    Valve the way you have. I've posted about my displeasures of Steam too, but
    let's not go overboard. Ultimately, people will vote with their wallets.
    I've simply elected to avoid buying games which use Steam and encourage
    other concerned consumers to do the same.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    littlemute wrote:
    > Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
    > mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?

    You're suggesting we should instead support other developers that make
    large numbers of low quality games??

    --
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity."

    Martin Luther King, Jr.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    please post a pic of yours. and don´t forget to
    get a life afterwards.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you at
    > least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least we
    > can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".

    There once was a pot, who called the kettle black...you know the rest.
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
    > valve is UGLY

    Valve is beautiful!
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Grackle wrote:
    > "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
    > > valve is UGLY
    >
    > Valve is beautiful!

    HL2 is beautiful!
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > valve is UGLY
    > i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

    I think the rumours of Difool being Gabe Newell
    in disguise might be right. This guy is going to
    manage to make all Valve haters love Valve.

    -Mickmils
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:12:31 -0500, "Grackle" <nowhere@lalaland.ca>
    dared speak in front of ME:

    ><chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you at
    >> least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least we
    >> can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".
    >>

    >There once was a pot, who called the kettle black...you know the rest.

    Like the part where the kettle was still black. The accuser's
    hypocrisy has no bearing on the merit of the accusation itself.

    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:40:16 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
    dared speak in front of ME:

    >littlemute wrote:
    >> Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
    >> mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?
    >
    >You're suggesting we should instead support other developers that make
    >large numbers of low quality games??

    Perhaps he's suggesting we should instead criticize those developers.
    Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.

    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from
    gafgirl1@2allstream3.net
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    NightSky 421 wrote:
    > "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
    >> valve is UGLY
    >> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
    >>
    >> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
    >> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a
    >> game, worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and
    >> showing his front teeth missing
    >>
    > <snip>
    >

    > As much as I dislike Steam myself, I must say that you are really
    > making yourself look bad, and are hurting your own cause by posting
    > about Steam and Valve the way you have. I've posted about my
    > displeasures of Steam too, but let's not go overboard. Ultimately,
    > people will vote with their wallets. I've simply elected to avoid
    > buying games which use Steam and encourage other concerned consumers
    > to do the same.

    Now that's a sensible reply. I have no problems with Steam but certainly
    don't mind listening to opinions when presented in this manner.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Top Secret" <top@secret.com> wrote in message
    > NightSky 421 wrote:
    >> "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
    >>> valve is UGLY
    >>> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
    >>>
    >>> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
    >>> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a
    >>> game, worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and
    >>> showing his front teeth missing
    >>>
    >> <snip>
    >>

    >> As much as I dislike Steam myself, I must say that you are really
    >> making yourself look bad, and are hurting your own cause by posting
    >> about Steam and Valve the way you have. I've posted about my
    >> displeasures of Steam too, but let's not go overboard. Ultimately,
    >> people will vote with their wallets. I've simply elected to avoid
    >> buying games which use Steam and encourage other concerned consumers
    >> to do the same.
    >
    > Now that's a sensible reply. I have no problems with Steam but certainly
    > don't mind listening to opinions when presented in this manner.

    I disagree; sanity has no place on usenet.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Mils Michael" <mickmils@tiscali.fr> skrev i meddelelsen news:csrv3k$dmf$1
    @news.tiscali.fr:

    >> valve is UGLY
    >> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
    > I think the rumours of Difool being Gabe Newell
    > in disguise might be right. This guy is going to
    > manage to make all Valve haters love Valve.

    This guy doesn't want to pay for his games, and is too stupid to apply a
    crack. Go figure.

    --
    Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

    difool wrote:

    > valve is UGLY
    > i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
    >
    > like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
    > UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
    > worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
    > front teeth missing
    >
    > and them there is steam website... such dark and depressing colours
    > they use and not even some pictures, and they want us to buy stuff
    > from it? the thing would be perfect for funerals and an undertaker
    > advertise its service but not ever to sell games!
    >
    > and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
    > remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
    > being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
    > from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
    > and repulsive image?
    >
    > but i'm not complaining about it, if there is something i wish when it
    > comes to valve is they doing it all wrong so they eventually fade out
    > so please valve keep up the lousy work!
    >
    > --
    > post made in a steam-free computer
    > i said "NO" to valve and steam
    >
    > please sign petition "Say NO! to Steam!" available at:
    > http://www.petitiononline.com/nosteam/petition.html

    Oh, finally this fool has run out of ammo and now he is pointing his
    gun and shouting "Bagn! Bang!".....
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Kaos wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:40:16 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
    > dared speak in front of ME:
    >

    >>littlemute wrote:
    >>
    >>>Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
    >>>mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?
    >>
    >>You're suggesting we should instead support other developers that make
    >>large numbers of low quality games??
    >

    > Perhaps he's suggesting we should instead criticize those developers.
    > Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.

    You're probably right. Shouldn't post after drinking...

    --
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity."

    Martin Luther King, Jr.
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

    > Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.

    i have evidence that suggests you're not very good at detecting sarcasm.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Grackle" wrote

    > I disagree; sanity has no place on usenet.

    There's no 'Sanity Clause'.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Grackle" <nowhere@lalaland.ca> wrote in message

    > I disagree; sanity has no place on usenet.

    Heh, that's why I've probably been killfiled by some users over my feelings
    on the issue. :-)
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    difool <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> typed as if devouring a plate of
    spoo:

    > and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
    > remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
    > being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
    > from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
    > and repulsive image?

    WTF is this guy smoking?

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
    @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    >> Valve is beautiful!
    > HL2 is beautiful!
    Steam is beautiful!

    --
    Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
    LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
    http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On 22 Jan 2005 06:45:27 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> dared
    speak in front of ME:

    >In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
    >
    >> Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.
    >
    >i have evidence that suggests you're not very good at detecting sarcasm.

    You forgot to put the word 'failed' in front of sarcasm.

    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from
    gafgirl1@2allstream3.net
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Arcana Dragon wrote:

    > cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
    > @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > >> Valve is beautiful!
    > > HL2 is beautiful!
    > Steam is beautiful!

    Yes! they are all beautiful, all I need is an X800 Ultra or 6600 SLI. I
    think that fool only have an S3 Savage 4, so he say they are all ugly.
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
    > On 22 Jan 2005 06:45:27 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> dared
    > speak in front of ME:
    >
    >>In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.
    >>
    >>i have evidence that suggests you're not very good at detecting sarcasm.
    >
    > You forgot to put the word 'failed' in front of sarcasm.

    being too dense to get it doesn't mean it failed. it just means you're
    dense.
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote:
    >cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
    >@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >>> Valve is beautiful!
    >> HL2 is beautiful!
    >Steam is beautiful!
    Steam is painful!
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    > Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote:
    >>cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
    >>@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    >>> HL2 is beautiful!
    >>Steam is beautiful!
    > Steam is painful!

    Steam is steamy!
  34. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    < cut >

    > I disagree; sanity has no place on usenet.

    Why not? It so insane it can even find some small place for sanity, can't
    it? The problem might be how to distinguish it - should anybody be
    interested, that is.

    Alfredo
  35. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    < cut >
    > You're probably right. Shouldn't post after drinking...

    Right. But then, when?

    Alfredo
  36. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Alfredo Tutino wrote:
    > < cut >
    >
    >>You're probably right. Shouldn't post after drinking...
    >>

    > Right. But then, when?
    >
    > Alfredo

    Lol. Yeah - tend to be working the other times...

    --
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity."

    Martin Luther King, Jr.
  37. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:29:00 +0800, Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza>
    dared speak in front of ME:

    >Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote:
    >>cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
    >>@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    >>> HL2 is beautiful!
    >>Steam is beautiful!
    >Steam is painful!

    Steam is S&M?

    (Beauty and pain, what more could you ask for...)
    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from
    gafgirl1@2allstream3.net
  38. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On 23 Jan 2005 12:50:00 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> dared
    speak in front of ME:

    >In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
    >> On 22 Jan 2005 06:45:27 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> dared
    >> speak in front of ME:

    >>>i have evidence that suggests you're not very good at detecting sarcasm.
    >>
    >> You forgot to put the word 'failed' in front of sarcasm.
    >
    >being too dense to get it doesn't mean it failed. it just means you're
    >dense.

    Likewise, failing at your sarcasm doesn't mean those who didn't
    appreciate it were dense. It just means you failed.

    --

    Arcana Dragon wrote:
    > cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
    > @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    >

    >>>Valve is beautiful!
    >>
    >>HL2 is beautiful!
    >
    > Steam is beautiful!

    Kiera Knightly is... oh, hang on a min

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    Ben Cottrell wrote:
    > Arcana Dragon wrote:
    >
    >> cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
    >> @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    >>> HL2 is beautiful!
    >>

    >> Steam is beautiful!
    >>

    > Kiera Knightly is... oh, hang on a min

    ....skinny?

    --
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity."

    Martin Luther King, Jr.
  41. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Valve fans say: Ooooh, it cuts like a knife! But it feels so right!

    I am working on a MOD for HL2 which will enable you to use Bryan Adams
    and sing his songs to calm the enemies. This will not work with steam
    versions of HL2 however. The ending of my MOD will be much better and
    will feature Kevin Costner himself who has recorded over sixteen hours
    of dialogue for the MOD. Which is around 1/2 the length of
    Waterworld.
  42. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

    > Likewise, failing at your sarcasm doesn't mean those who didn't
    > appreciate it were dense. It just means you failed.

    by the way, you misspelled Chaos.
  43. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Grackle wrote:
    > <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you
    at
    > > least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least
    we
    > > can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".
    > >

    > There once was a pot, who called the kettle black...you know the
    rest.

    Yeah, I know. I was just trying to nip this one in the bud, but maybe I
    was a little optimistic. As Bateau points out later in this thread, we
    all need to *show* our response, don't we? If no-one replies to a
    comment, how does anyone know it's being ignored?

    I included the non-HL2 NGs in my original response because I did
    address part of my comment to them. I just thought that it was stupid
    to include them in a discussion that didn't fit with their newsgroup
    (they'd be reading this NG if they were interested). But obviously
    everyone else who's replied to this thread feels it's important to keep
    strategy and rpg gamers up to speed on this discussion.

    I dunno, you try and inject a little thought into a post and what do
    you get... I might as well go and top post somewhere now. That'll
    really annoy people.. ;)
  44. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> skrev i meddelelsen

    > (Beauty and pain, what more could you ask for...)

    Yeah, go and penetrate your distal parte spinae dorsi, as far as I'm
    concerned.

    (What is this? A mud-slinging or a Role-playing forum? Seriously!)

    --
    Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
    LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
    http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
  45. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Darth Demon" <DARTHDEMON@BEAST.FIRE> wrote in message
    > Valve fans say: Ooooh, it cuts like a knife! But it feels so right!
    >
    > I am working on a MOD for HL2 which will enable you to use Bryan Adams
    > and sing his songs to calm the enemies. This will not work with steam
    > versions of HL2 however. The ending of my MOD will be much better and
    > will feature Kevin Costner himself who has recorded over sixteen hours
    > of dialogue for the MOD. Which is around 1/2 the length of
    > Waterworld.

    Sh..sh..sh..sh..sh..she was shakin!

    Oh Oh Oh Oh-O
  46. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Vince wrote:
    > <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote
    >
    > > Grackle wrote
    >
    > > Yeah, I know. I was just trying to nip this one in the bud, but
    maybe I
    > > was a little optimistic. As Bateau points out later in this thread,
    we
    > > all need to *show* our response, don't we? If no-one replies to a
    > > comment, how does anyone know it's being ignored?
    >
    > What?

    We could have just ignored the original post. That would have been more
    effective. But then who would know that we were ignoring it? So instead
    we have this pathological "need" to show our disdain by writing
    "zzzzzzz" or somesuch nonsense. Aren't people great.
  47. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Saitek wrote:
    > Doesn't this group have a point system. SO it is more deep rooted
    than that.
    > It is a 'macho little game of one upmanship"

    Points? Points, you say! Where are they? Lemme at 'em!
    Although I think there's precious few posts here that make a coherent
    point - let alone awarding them.

    But if there's going to be handing out of points, then let me begin by
    awarding difool 1 Psychotic Ranting point. I think he's earnt it.
  48. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > Vince wrote:
    >> <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote
    >>
    >> > Grackle wrote
    >>
    >> > Yeah, I know. I was just trying to nip this one in the bud, but
    > maybe I
    >> > was a little optimistic. As Bateau points out later in this thread,
    > we
    >> > all need to *show* our response, don't we? If no-one replies to a
    >> > comment, how does anyone know it's being ignored?
    >>
    >> What?
    >

    > We could have just ignored the original post. That would have been more
    > effective. But then who would know that we were ignoring it? So instead
    > we have this pathological "need" to show our disdain by writing
    > "zzzzzzz" or somesuch nonsense. Aren't people great.

    Doesn't this group have a point system. SO it is more deep rooted than that.
    It is a 'macho little game of one upmanship"
  49. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote

    > Grackle wrote

    > Yeah, I know. I was just trying to nip this one in the bud, but maybe I
    > was a little optimistic. As Bateau points out later in this thread, we
    > all need to *show* our response, don't we? If no-one replies to a
    > comment, how does anyone know it's being ignored?

    What?

Valve Games IBM Video Games