valve is UGLY

Last response: in Video Games
January 21, 2005 1:03:13 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

valve is UGLY
i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
front teeth missing

and them there is steam website... such dark and depressing colours they
use and not even some pictures, and they want us to buy stuff from it?
the thing would be perfect for funerals and an undertaker advertise
its service but not ever to sell games!

and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
and repulsive image?

but i'm not complaining about it, if there is something i wish when it
comes to valve is they doing it all wrong so they eventually fade out
so please valve keep up the lousy work!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

More about : valve ugly

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:03:14 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Yawn.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:03:14 PM

difool wrote:
> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

--- 8< --SNIP--- 8< ---

Finally, evidence (for those that still need it) that difool has really
lost his grip on sanity.

What started out as a potentially legitimate concern about how Steam
works first became a one-man crusade against Valve, and now has
descended to mindless trolling.

difool: get a life, some perspective, a good grammar book, and just
drop it. Please.

To readers on csipg.rpg and csipg.strategic, please understand this
moron has included you on a post about Half-Life 2, but I'm not sure
why.
Don't bother replying, he gets way too much airtime as it is.

To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you at
least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least we
can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".
January 21, 2005 1:03:14 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:03:14 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

difool bolted into comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, wreathed in wicked, white hot
flames, and screamed...

>valve is UGLY
>i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

difool, have you looked in the *mirror* lately. ;^)

--
Zag

Guns cause crime
like flies cause garbage

...bumper sticker
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:03:14 PM

difool wrote:

<removed cross posts>
> and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps!

Sounds to me like you're a bed wetter.
January 21, 2005 3:00:07 PM

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> valve is UGLY

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 4:38:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
<snip>

Ok, come on now. I was on your side on this thing so far,
but clearly you are fed up that that the other threads died and
wanna restart it all again. Just let it go man. It's over.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 5:20:42 PM

difool wrote:
> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>
> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
> worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
> front teeth missing
>
> and them there is steam website... such dark and depressing colours
> they use and not even some pictures, and they want us to buy stuff
> from it? the thing would be perfect for funerals and an undertaker
> advertise
> its service but not ever to sell games!
>
> and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
> remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
> being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
> from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
> and repulsive image?
>
> but i'm not complaining about it, if there is something i wish when it
> comes to valve is they doing it all wrong so they eventually fade out
> so please valve keep up the lousy work!

hahaha he's lost the plot, now thats definately a quote for the book "valve
is UGLY" lol
--

You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!
Anonymous

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message

difool, killfile

killfile, difool.

I think you will get on well.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 8:43:33 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>
> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
> worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
> front teeth missing

<snip>

As much as I dislike Steam myself, I must say that you are really making
yourself look bad, and are hurting your own cause by posting about Steam and
Valve the way you have. I've posted about my displeasures of Steam too, but
let's not go overboard. Ultimately, people will vote with their wallets.
I've simply elected to avoid buying games which use Steam and encourage
other concerned consumers to do the same.
January 21, 2005 9:40:16 PM

littlemute wrote:
> Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
> mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?

You're suggesting we should instead support other developers that make
large numbers of low quality games??

--
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
January 21, 2005 10:08:13 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

please post a pic of yours. and don´t forget to
get a life afterwards.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:12:31 PM

<chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you at
> least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least we
> can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".

There once was a pot, who called the kettle black...you know the rest.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:15:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> valve is UGLY

Valve is beautiful!
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 11:32:01 PM

Grackle wrote:
> "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> > valve is UGLY
>
> Valve is beautiful!

HL2 is beautiful!
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 2:18:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

I think the rumours of Difool being Gabe Newell
in disguise might be right. This guy is going to
manage to make all Valve haters love Valve.

-Mickmils
January 22, 2005 2:22:13 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:12:31 -0500, "Grackle" <nowhere@lalaland.ca>
dared speak in front of ME:

><chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you at
>> least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least we
>> can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".
>>

>There once was a pot, who called the kettle black...you know the rest.

Like the part where the kettle was still black. The accuser's
hypocrisy has no bearing on the merit of the accusation itself.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:40:16 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
dared speak in front of ME:

>littlemute wrote:
>> Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
>> mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?
>
>You're suggesting we should instead support other developers that make
>large numbers of low quality games??

Perhaps he's suggesting we should instead criticize those developers.
Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from
gafgirl1@2allstream3.net
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 4:07:02 AM

NightSky 421 wrote:
> "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
>> valve is UGLY
>> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>>
>> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
>> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a
>> game, worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and
>> showing his front teeth missing
>>
> <snip>
>

> As much as I dislike Steam myself, I must say that you are really
> making yourself look bad, and are hurting your own cause by posting
> about Steam and Valve the way you have. I've posted about my
> displeasures of Steam too, but let's not go overboard. Ultimately,
> people will vote with their wallets. I've simply elected to avoid
> buying games which use Steam and encourage other concerned consumers
> to do the same.

Now that's a sensible reply. I have no problems with Steam but certainly
don't mind listening to opinions when presented in this manner.
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 4:07:03 AM

"Top Secret" <top@secret.com> wrote in message
> NightSky 421 wrote:
>> "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
>>> valve is UGLY
>>> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>>>
>>> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
>>> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a
>>> game, worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and
>>> showing his front teeth missing
>>>
>> <snip>
>>

>> As much as I dislike Steam myself, I must say that you are really
>> making yourself look bad, and are hurting your own cause by posting
>> about Steam and Valve the way you have. I've posted about my
>> displeasures of Steam too, but let's not go overboard. Ultimately,
>> people will vote with their wallets. I've simply elected to avoid
>> buying games which use Steam and encourage other concerned consumers
>> to do the same.
>
> Now that's a sensible reply. I have no problems with Steam but certainly
> don't mind listening to opinions when presented in this manner.

I disagree; sanity has no place on usenet.
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 4:35:06 AM

"Mils Michael" <mickmils@tiscali.fr> skrev i meddelelsen news:csrv3k$dmf$1
@news.tiscali.fr:

>> valve is UGLY
>> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
> I think the rumours of Difool being Gabe Newell
> in disguise might be right. This guy is going to
> manage to make all Valve haters love Valve.

This guy doesn't want to pay for his games, and is too stupid to apply a
crack. Go figure.

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

difool wrote:

> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>
> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
> worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
> front teeth missing
>
> and them there is steam website... such dark and depressing colours
> they use and not even some pictures, and they want us to buy stuff
> from it? the thing would be perfect for funerals and an undertaker
> advertise its service but not ever to sell games!
>
> and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
> remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
> being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
> from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
> and repulsive image?
>
> but i'm not complaining about it, if there is something i wish when it
> comes to valve is they doing it all wrong so they eventually fade out
> so please valve keep up the lousy work!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam
>
> please sign petition "Say NO! to Steam!" available at:
> http://www.petitiononline.com/nosteam/petition.html

Oh, finally this fool has run out of ammo and now he is pointing his
gun and shouting "Bagn! Bang!".....
January 22, 2005 9:37:09 AM

Kaos wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:40:16 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
> dared speak in front of ME:
>

>>littlemute wrote:
>>
>>>Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
>>>mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?
>>
>>You're suggesting we should instead support other developers that make
>>large numbers of low quality games??
>

> Perhaps he's suggesting we should instead criticize those developers.
> Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.

You're probably right. Shouldn't post after drinking...

--
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 9:45:27 AM

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

> Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.

i have evidence that suggests you're not very good at detecting sarcasm.
January 22, 2005 12:20:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Grackle" wrote

> I disagree; sanity has no place on usenet.

There's no 'Sanity Clause'.
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 3:06:13 PM

"Grackle" <nowhere@lalaland.ca> wrote in message

> I disagree; sanity has no place on usenet.

Heh, that's why I've probably been killfiled by some users over my feelings
on the issue. :-)
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:22:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

difool <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> typed as if devouring a plate of
spoo:

> and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
> remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
> being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
> from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
> and repulsive image?

WTF is this guy smoking?

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:56:36 AM

cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

>> Valve is beautiful!
> HL2 is beautiful!
Steam is beautiful!

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
January 23, 2005 4:33:09 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On 22 Jan 2005 06:45:27 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> dared
speak in front of ME:

>In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
>
>> Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.
>
>i have evidence that suggests you're not very good at detecting sarcasm.

You forgot to put the word 'failed' in front of sarcasm.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from
gafgirl1@2allstream3.net
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:19:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Arcana Dragon wrote:

> cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
> @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
> >> Valve is beautiful!
> > HL2 is beautiful!
> Steam is beautiful!

Yes! they are all beautiful, all I need is an X800 Ultra or 6600 SLI. I
think that fool only have an S3 Savage 4, so he say they are all ugly.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:50:00 PM

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2005 06:45:27 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> dared
> speak in front of ME:
>
>>In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.
>>
>>i have evidence that suggests you're not very good at detecting sarcasm.
>
> You forgot to put the word 'failed' in front of sarcasm.

being too dense to get it doesn't mean it failed. it just means you're
dense.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 4:29:00 PM

Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote:
>cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
>@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
>>> Valve is beautiful!
>> HL2 is beautiful!
>Steam is beautiful!
Steam is painful!
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 4:29:01 PM

"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
> Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote:
>>cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
>>@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

>>> HL2 is beautiful!
>>Steam is beautiful!
> Steam is painful!

Steam is steamy!
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 6:37:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

< cut >

> I disagree; sanity has no place on usenet.

Why not? It so insane it can even find some small place for sanity, can't
it? The problem might be how to distinguish it - should anybody be
interested, that is.

Alfredo
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 6:37:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

< cut >
> You're probably right. Shouldn't post after drinking...

Right. But then, when?

Alfredo
January 23, 2005 8:51:15 PM

Alfredo Tutino wrote:
> < cut >
>
>>You're probably right. Shouldn't post after drinking...
>>

> Right. But then, when?
>
> Alfredo

Lol. Yeah - tend to be working the other times...

--
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
January 23, 2005 10:58:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:29:00 +0800, Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza>
dared speak in front of ME:

>Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote:
>>cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
>>@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

>>> HL2 is beautiful!
>>Steam is beautiful!
>Steam is painful!

Steam is S&M?

(Beauty and pain, what more could you ask for...)
--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from
gafgirl1@2allstream3.net
January 24, 2005 2:44:40 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On 23 Jan 2005 12:50:00 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> dared
speak in front of ME:

>In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
>> On 22 Jan 2005 06:45:27 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> dared
>> speak in front of ME:

>>>i have evidence that suggests you're not very good at detecting sarcasm.
>>
>> You forgot to put the word 'failed' in front of sarcasm.
>
>being too dense to get it doesn't mean it failed. it just means you're
>dense.

Likewise, failing at your sarcasm doesn't mean those who didn't
appreciate it were dense. It just means you failed.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from
gafgirl1@2allstream3.net
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 3:04:41 AM

Arcana Dragon wrote:
> cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
> @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>

>>>Valve is beautiful!
>>
>>HL2 is beautiful!
>
> Steam is beautiful!

Kiera Knightly is... oh, hang on a min

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
January 24, 2005 4:09:08 AM

Ben Cottrell wrote:
> Arcana Dragon wrote:
>
>> cr0n1k@hotmail.com skrev i meddelelsen news:1106368321.928980.323400
>> @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

>>> HL2 is beautiful!
>>

>> Steam is beautiful!
>>

> Kiera Knightly is... oh, hang on a min

....skinny?

--
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 6:23:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Valve fans say: Ooooh, it cuts like a knife! But it feels so right!

I am working on a MOD for HL2 which will enable you to use Bryan Adams
and sing his songs to calm the enemies. This will not work with steam
versions of HL2 however. The ending of my MOD will be much better and
will feature Kevin Costner himself who has recorded over sixteen hours
of dialogue for the MOD. Which is around 1/2 the length of
Waterworld.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 10:53:03 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

> Likewise, failing at your sarcasm doesn't mean those who didn't
> appreciate it were dense. It just means you failed.

by the way, you misspelled Chaos.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 4:47:33 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Grackle wrote:
> <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you
at
> > least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least
we
> > can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".
> >

> There once was a pot, who called the kettle black...you know the
rest.

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to nip this one in the bud, but maybe I
was a little optimistic. As Bateau points out later in this thread, we
all need to *show* our response, don't we? If no-one replies to a
comment, how does anyone know it's being ignored?

I included the non-HL2 NGs in my original response because I did
address part of my comment to them. I just thought that it was stupid
to include them in a discussion that didn't fit with their newsgroup
(they'd be reading this NG if they were interested). But obviously
everyone else who's replied to this thread feels it's important to keep
strategy and rpg gamers up to speed on this discussion.

I dunno, you try and inject a little thought into a post and what do
you get... I might as well go and top post somewhere now. That'll
really annoy people.. ;)
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:26:29 AM

Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> skrev i meddelelsen

> (Beauty and pain, what more could you ask for...)

Yeah, go and penetrate your distal parte spinae dorsi, as far as I'm
concerned.

(What is this? A mud-slinging or a Role-playing forum? Seriously!)

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 8:41:27 AM

"Darth Demon" <DARTHDEMON@BEAST.FIRE> wrote in message
> Valve fans say: Ooooh, it cuts like a knife! But it feels so right!
>
> I am working on a MOD for HL2 which will enable you to use Bryan Adams
> and sing his songs to calm the enemies. This will not work with steam
> versions of HL2 however. The ending of my MOD will be much better and
> will feature Kevin Costner himself who has recorded over sixteen hours
> of dialogue for the MOD. Which is around 1/2 the length of
> Waterworld.

Sh..sh..sh..sh..sh..she was shakin!

Oh Oh Oh Oh-O
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 11:47:32 AM

Vince wrote:
> <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote
>
> > Grackle wrote
>
> > Yeah, I know. I was just trying to nip this one in the bud, but
maybe I
> > was a little optimistic. As Bateau points out later in this thread,
we
> > all need to *show* our response, don't we? If no-one replies to a
> > comment, how does anyone know it's being ignored?
>
> What?

We could have just ignored the original post. That would have been more
effective. But then who would know that we were ignoring it? So instead
we have this pathological "need" to show our disdain by writing
"zzzzzzz" or somesuch nonsense. Aren't people great.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 12:23:40 PM

Saitek wrote:
> Doesn't this group have a point system. SO it is more deep rooted
than that.
> It is a 'macho little game of one upmanship"

Points? Points, you say! Where are they? Lemme at 'em!
Although I think there's precious few posts here that make a coherent
point - let alone awarding them.

But if there's going to be handing out of points, then let me begin by
awarding difool 1 Psychotic Ranting point. I think he's earnt it.
January 25, 2005 3:13:51 PM

> Vince wrote:
>> <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote
>>
>> > Grackle wrote
>>
>> > Yeah, I know. I was just trying to nip this one in the bud, but
> maybe I
>> > was a little optimistic. As Bateau points out later in this thread,
> we
>> > all need to *show* our response, don't we? If no-one replies to a
>> > comment, how does anyone know it's being ignored?
>>
>> What?
>

> We could have just ignored the original post. That would have been more
> effective. But then who would know that we were ignoring it? So instead
> we have this pathological "need" to show our disdain by writing
> "zzzzzzz" or somesuch nonsense. Aren't people great.

Doesn't this group have a point system. SO it is more deep rooted than that.
It is a 'macho little game of one upmanship"
January 25, 2005 3:26:03 PM

!