Permission for New Connection

Hello all!

I am running Windows XP SP2 that is being delivered via imaging to my
end users using sysprep. We only allow our users to be power users and
DO NOT want to make them adminstrators. It seems from my investigations
that you must be an administrator on a local machine in order to create
new network connections (like dial up to the internet, etc). Does
anyone know how I can give the power user group permission to create
network connections without making them administrators?

Thanks,

David Souders CNE, MCSE
Central Cluster Network Engineer
Plano I.S.D.

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

Add your users to the Network configuration operators
group.. that could be the solution.

Regards.

-------------------------------------
"David Souders" <dsoudernospam@pisd.edu> escribió en el mensaje
> Hello all!
>
> I am running Windows XP SP2 that is being delivered via imaging to my
> end users using sysprep. We only allow our users to be power users and
> DO NOT want to make them adminstrators. It seems from my investigations
> that you must be an administrator on a local machine in order to create
> new network connections (like dial up to the internet, etc). Does
> anyone know how I can give the power user group permission to create
> network connections without making them administrators?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Souders CNE, MCSE
> Central Cluster Network Engineer
> Plano I.S.D.