security in xp

Microsoft, I think its about time XP had more complex built in encyption
methods with password protection on both files and folders on the system. And
this should be for both Home and Professional Editions, not just the Pro!
4 answers Last reply
More about security

    Since Microsoft does not officially monitor these newsgroups, this is a bad
    forum for suggestions such as this for Microsoft if you do not also place it
    where Microsoft will see it:
    http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=114491
    http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp?from=cu&fu=%2Fisapi%2Fgomscom%2Easp%3Ftarget%3D%2Fmswish%2Fthanks%2Ehtm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    respect wrote:
    > Microsoft, I think its about time XP had more complex built in encyption
    > methods with password protection on both files and folders on the system. And
    > this should be for both Home and Professional Editions, not just the Pro!

    Like Win2K, WinXP's file security paradigm doesn't rely on, or
    allow, the crude and cumbersome method of password protection for
    individual applications, files, or folders. Instead, it uses the
    superior method of explicitly assigning file/folder permissions to
    individual users and/or groups.

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
    Folders
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q308419

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Have you read how many users lose all their data files because they didn't
    read the fine print? And now you ask them to make it more complex, hehehe -
    anyway, you need to go the MS site where "Jupiter" has pointed out and make
    the suggestion. Who knows, enough people ask, they may actually
    "Get-er-Done".
    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:23:04 -0700, respect wrote:

    > Microsoft, I think its about time XP had more complex built in encyption
    > methods with password protection on both files and folders on the
    > system. And this should be for both Home and Professional Editions, not
    > just the Pro!

    With Pro being as cheap as it is, why not just purchase Pro and leave the
    Home version in its cheaper form so that more users can afford it.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

Security Microsoft Windows XP