9700pro probs

Gday all
today my 9700pro started flashing in games,tried a driver update with no
improvment,ran dxdiag and did all the video tests ,all worked but a touch of
flashing.
Tried running 3dmark 2001 which had the same flashing as games.It works fine
for web browsing and general stuff just when using its 3d type apps it seems
to have probs.
any ideas anyone????I'd like to keep it while they r still a good performing
vid card.

specs
amd 2500xp
9700pro 128mb
msi kt3 ultra m/b
768 mb ram
onboard sound

thanks in advance
Staf

Andrew

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:23:10 +0800, "pugpep" <pugpep@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

>any ideas anyone????I'd like to keep it while they r still a good performing
>vid card.

Is the fan working?

> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:23:10 +0800, "pugpep" <pugpep@iinet.net.au>
> wrote:
>
>>any ideas anyone????I'd like to keep it while they r still a good
>>performing
>>vid card.
>
> Is the fan working?

Yes forgot to mention that,the fan was working fine

cheers
Staf

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

pugpep wrote:
> Yes forgot to mention that,the fan was working fine

And the temperature of the GPU?

"Glitch" <Glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> pugpep wrote:
>> Yes forgot to mention that,the fan was working fine
>>
> And the temperature of the GPU?

please excuse my ignorance but how do i find this out ?
i didnt think the card had a temp sersor or is they another way of fiinding
out?

cheers
Staf

pugpep wrote:

> "Glitch" <Glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>pugpep wrote:
>>
>>>Yes forgot to mention that,the fan was working fine
>>>

>>And the temperature of the GPU?
>

> please excuse my ignorance but how do i find this out ?
> i didnt think the card had a temp sersor or is they another way of fiinding
> out?

I just opened the case and felt the temperature of the card when it was
having problems. In my case the card was crashing to the desktop. The
card was almost too hot to touch. Adding a slot cooler fan fixed the
problem and I have had no problems with the card for over two years.

> cheers
> Staf

> I just opened the case and felt the temperature of the card when it was
> having problems. In my case the card was crashing to the desktop. The
> card was almost too hot to touch. Adding a slot cooler fan fixed the
> problem and I have had no problems with the card for over two years.
>

>> cheers
>> Staf
Gday all
Today i reinstalled into a different machine and no probs for about 20mins
then the same things started happening.Checking the temp of the card(just by
touching it ) it was very hot.Are there any diff as in better fans u can get
for these vidcards(9700pro)???
any recomendations?

cheeers
Staf

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

pugpep wrote:
Checking the temp of the card(just by
> touching it ) it was very hot.Are there any diff as in better fans u can get
> for these vidcards(9700pro)???
> any recomendations?

I'd reccomend the Artic Cooling VGA silencer(rev.1 fits onto a Radeon
9700PRO).I have it on my 9700PRO and I'm thrilled,it's very quiet(has 2
modes of work),it's definitely the best cooler for OCing and it's also
pretty cheap(20-25$).
Check the temp in the rest of your case and if its too hot add some case
fans(I have 2 Silentcats and a Coolermaster with a temp. sensor).

> pugpep wrote:
> Checking the temp of the card(just by
>> touching it ) it was very hot.Are there any diff as in better fans u can
>> get for these vidcards(9700pro)???
>> any recomendations?
>>

> I'd reccomend the Artic Cooling VGA silencer(rev.1 fits onto a Radeon
> 9700PRO).I have it on my 9700PRO and I'm thrilled,it's very quiet(has 2
> modes of work),it's definitely the best cooler for OCing and it's also
> pretty cheap(20-25$).
> Check the temp in the rest of your case and if its too hot add some case
> fans(I have 2 Silentcats and a Coolermaster with a temp. sensor).

Cheers ppl
i was just reading up on the Arctic cooler range,mite give one a go

thanks
Staf

pugpep wrote:

> "Glitch" <Glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>pugpep wrote:
>>Checking the temp of the card(just by
>>
>>>touching it ) it was very hot.Are there any diff as in better fans u can
>>>get for these vidcards(9700pro)???
>>>any recomendations?
>>>

>>I'd reccomend the Artic Cooling VGA silencer(rev.1 fits onto a Radeon
>>9700PRO).I have it on my 9700PRO and I'm thrilled,it's very quiet(has 2
>>modes of work),it's definitely the best cooler for OCing and it's also
>>pretty cheap(20-25$).
>>Check the temp in the rest of your case and if its too hot add some case
>>fans(I have 2 Silentcats and a Coolermaster with a temp. sensor).
>

> Cheers ppl
> i was just reading up on the Arctic cooler range,mite give one a go
>
> thanks
> Staf

I just used a slot cooler fan when I had this problem. Much simpler,
plus I didn't have to worry about damaging or voiding the warranty on my
new $400 video card.

"Michael W. Ryder" <mwryder@_worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> pugpep wrote:
>
>> "Glitch" <Glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>pugpep wrote:
>>>Checking the temp of the card(just by

>>>I'd reccomend the Artic Cooling VGA silencer(rev.1 fits onto a Radeon
>>>9700PRO).I have it on my 9700PRO and I'm thrilled,it's very quiet(has 2
>>>modes of work),it's definitely the best cooler for OCing and it's also
>>>pretty cheap(20-25$).
>>>Check the temp in the rest of your case and if its too hot add some case
>>>fans(I have 2 Silentcats and a Coolermaster with a temp. sensor).
>>

>> Cheers ppl
>> i was just reading up on the Arctic cooler range,mite give one a go
>>
>> thanks
>> Staf
> I just used a slot cooler fan when I had this problem. Much simpler, plus
> I didn't have to worry about damaging or voiding the warranty on my new
> $400 video card.

I havnt heard of these slot coolers do u have a URL?

cheers & thanks

Staf

stafo wrote:
> "Michael W. Ryder" <mwryder@_worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>
>>pugpep wrote:
>>

>>>"Glitch" <Glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>Cheers ppl
>>>i was just reading up on the Arctic cooler range,mite give one a go
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>Staf
>>
>>I just used a slot cooler fan when I had this problem. Much simpler, plus
>>I didn't have to worry about damaging or voiding the warranty on my new
>>$400 video card.
>

> I havnt heard of these slot coolers do u have a URL?

I just picked one up at a local computer store. They fit into the space
under the video card and connect to a hard drive power connector.
Cyberguys.com has one called a System Exhaust Blower at
http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=148+0535
for $11.81 US.