Hotel wireless security

Other than disabling file sharing, is there anything I should do to
increase security when using a hotel's wireless access?
2 answers Last reply
More about hotel wireless security

    A firewall and virus scanner would be a good idea.
    Most hotels these days will have a firewall between users
    as well as between users and the internet. You should be
    good.... I've never had any problems in a hotel before...
    Don't stay online any longer then you have to...

    Running the XP Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) while connected to the hotel network and public
    internet is a good idea...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;283673

    Consider using a VPN into any corporate networks while connected to the hotel network...See your
    work network administrators about that...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Charlie Hart" <cs_hart@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Other than disabling file sharing, is there anything I should do to
    > increase security when using a hotel's wireless access?

    ---

Wireless Security Wireless Networking