Temporary AA

I just downloaded new Catalyst, and now in the ATI-3D tab, there's a new
option called "temporary anti alias" or something like that. What does it
mean? What are the differences with the ordinary AA?
TIA.

Marco

Read it again, it says "temporal anti-aliasing". It fluctuates subspace and
causes temporal distortions in your computer, so your benchmark runs finish
before they even start...

Seriouly, though, the feature rapidly flips between two AA patterns to give
the illusion of a higher AA setting. i.e. 2x FSAA + temporal looks like 4x
FSAA. 4x FSAA + temporal looks like 8x FSAA. For this to work, though, your
framerate must be > 75 fps, or you'll notice flickering.

"First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Read it again, it says "temporal anti-aliasing". It fluctuates subspace
> and
> causes temporal distortions in your computer, so your benchmark runs
> finish
> before they even start...
>
> Seriouly, though, the feature rapidly flips between two AA patterns to
> give
> the illusion of a higher AA setting. i.e. 2x FSAA + temporal looks like 4x
> FSAA. 4x FSAA + temporal looks like 8x FSAA. For this to work, though,
> your
> framerate must be > 75 fps, or you'll notice flickering.

Lol :), tnx, however I found some infos, and someone say it seems to slow
down perfs...

Marco

> "Murmur" <Murmur@Murmur.invalid> wrote in message
>> I just downloaded new Catalyst, and now in the ATI-3D tab, there's a new
>> option called "temporary anti alias" or something like that. What does it
>> mean? What are the differences with the ordinary AA?
>> TIA.
>>
>> Marco

> Seriouly, though, the feature rapidly flips between two AA patterns to
> give
> the illusion of a higher AA setting. i.e. 2x FSAA + temporal looks like 4x
> FSAA. 4x FSAA + temporal looks like 8x FSAA. For this to work, though,
> your
> framerate must be > 75 fps, or you'll notice flickering.

AFAIK, framerate must be 60FPS or higher, or temporal Anti-Aliasing it won't
even turn on (unless you force it to enable itself at a lower framerate)
when it's checked. You shouldn't notice any anomalies or flickering, when it
is set to trigger at 60FPS, which is the default settings of the drivers, or
higher.

Yep, and vsync must be enabled for temporal AA to activate.