Giving users ipconfig permission

My ISP is struggling with persistent DNS problems that require me to repair
my network connection every hour or two. This requires me to log on as
Administrator.This doesn't work for my kids, though - they don't know that
Admin password :)

How can I let normal users repair their network connection without granting
them full Administrator priviliges?

Blue Crow wrote:

> My ISP is struggling with persistent DNS problems that require me to repair
> my network connection every hour or two. This requires me to log on as
> Administrator.This doesn't work for my kids, though - they don't know that
> Admin password :)
>
> How can I let normal users repair their network connection without granting
> them full Administrator priviliges?
Hi

You could add the users to the "Network Configuration Operators" group
(maybe not available on WinXP Home).

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Yup - this works perfectly. Don't know about XP Home though - I have Pro.
Thanks,
A Grateful Father