NTFS Permissions question

I need to be able for someone to write to a directory but not delete what
they wrote. I have tried the special permissions and just uncheck the
delete box but the problem is that they own the file once they write it. Is
there a way for someone to write a file(hence owning it) and not allow them
to delete it? Thanks in advance for the replies.

-Steven-
1 answer Last reply
More about ntfs permissions question

    No need to answer .. I found out how to do it. When in doubt experiment. :)
    "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >I need to be able for someone to write to a directory but not delete what
    >they wrote. I have tried the special permissions and just uncheck the
    >delete box but the problem is that they own the file once they write it.
    >Is there a way for someone to write a file(hence owning it) and not allow
    >them to delete it? Thanks in advance for the replies.
    >
    > -Steven-

NTFS Permissions Windows XP