Network printer problems

Hi,

Have just set up 2003 server at school. XP clients now do not see installed
printers as a common resource.

Setting up a printer under administrator rights on a client does not result
in all users seeing that printer, as would normally be the case. Every new
user has to install a new printer via the add printer wizard. With 250
children and 30 clients, this is doing my head in - any ideas??

P.S: The network printer is 'seen' by the install wizard, without problems,
it just will not exist as the default for all users of that machine.

TIA
Pete
1 answer Last reply
More about network printer problems

    In news:LBz9e.24200$443.14992@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net,
    Pete C <peter.piper@hotmail.co.uk> had this to say:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Have just set up 2003 server at school. XP clients now do not see
    > installed printers as a common resource.
    >
    > Setting up a printer under administrator rights on a client does not
    > result in all users seeing that printer, as would normally be the
    > case. Every new user has to install a new printer via the add printer
    > wizard. With 250 children and 30 clients, this is doing my head in -
    > any ideas??
    >
    > P.S: The network printer is 'seen' by the install wizard, without
    > problems, it just will not exist as the default for all users of that
    > machine.
    >
    > TIA
    > Pete

    Does this help?

    Cannot Set Up a Default Network Printer for All Windows XP Users:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307016&Product=winxp

    Galen

Network Printer Printers Windows XP