How do I delete these viruses?

I downloaded the AVG Free Antivirus and ran several scans, but this scan
cannot delete these viruses:

Trojan Horse Startpage.10.AH , Trojan Horse Startpage.9.BB , Trojan Horse
Startpage.19.AO , Trojan Horse Downloader.Istbar.6.A , Trojan Horse
Downloader Winshow.BG and Java.ByteVerify!exploit. And it's telling me to
delete this cookie file 20002SC22.

Please tell me how to remove these!!! Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about delete viruses

    jsproberts wrote:

    > I downloaded the AVG Free Antivirus and ran several scans, but this
    > scan cannot delete these viruses:
    >
    > Trojan Horse Startpage.10.AH , Trojan Horse Startpage.9.BB , Trojan
    > Horse Startpage.19.AO , Trojan Horse Downloader.Istbar.6.A , Trojan
    > Horse
    > Downloader Winshow.BG and Java.ByteVerify!exploit. And it's telling
    > me to
    > delete this cookie file 20002SC22.
    >
    > Please tell me how to remove these!!! Thanks!

    Try scanning with TrendMicro's Sysclean. All scans for malware must be
    done in Safe Mode, which is probably why AVG had a problem deleting the
    files. Do a scan with Sysclean and then update your AVG definitions and
    do another thorough scan with AVG in Safe Mode.

    TrendMicro's Sysclean is an extensive antivirus tool which has the
    advantage of not needing to be installed. It requires two parts - the
    scanning engine and the virus pattern files. Delete all Temporary and
    Temporary Internet Files before running the program.

    1. Create a new folder on your Desktop or the C: drive named something
    useful like "Sysclean".
    2. Go here and download the two parts of the program to that folder:

    http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp - Sysclean
    http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp - virus pattern files

    The pattern files will be zipped - extract them with your unzipper (like
    WinZip) or if you have XP, you can just open the folder. You need to
    put the extracted files in the Sysclean folder you made. For a more
    automated way to get Sysclean, use Dave Lipman's Sysclean_FE from
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm .

    3. Restart your computer in Safe Mode. Get into Safe Mode by repeatedly
    tapping the F8 key as the computer is starting up to get to the proper
    menu.
    4. Go to the Sysclean folder you made and double-click on sysclean.com.
    Start the scan. After the scan is finished, look at the log. You may
    need to make a note of where any viruses were found if they were not
    able to be removed so you can manually delete them.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    The inability to delete viruses that it can identify is a significant
    weakness in AVG. For a time I was installing AVG for clients who wanted a
    free program, and saw this problem repeatedly. I no longer recommend AVG
    mainly for this reason. You might take advantage of a one year free offer
    for Computer Associates ETrust Antivirus available at
    http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/
    If you uninstall AVG and install ETrust you'll find it will promptly remove
    the infection items.
    --

    "jsproberts" <jsproberts@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
    >I downloaded the AVG Free Antivirus and ran several scans, but this scan
    > cannot delete these viruses:
    >
    > Trojan Horse Startpage.10.AH , Trojan Horse Startpage.9.BB , Trojan Horse
    > Startpage.19.AO , Trojan Horse Downloader.Istbar.6.A , Trojan Horse
    > Downloader Winshow.BG and Java.ByteVerify!exploit. And it's telling me
    > delete this cookie file 20002SC22.
    >
    > Please tell me how to remove these!!! Thanks!

  3. Try antivirus HijackThis and spybot search and destroy.

    Also try clearing all your offline content. :bounce:
  4. Also try reading the date of a thread before posting, it could stop you looking like a complete Jerk.

Trojan Windows XP