Can't install SP2 & More

We haven't had access to our cd burner for a while, and I just did everything
that it says to take care of a Code 39 problem. Now the cd is showing up
again, but its not working in either read or write mode. I also tried
changing the setting to "2" and that did not help.

I am trying to back up my files onto cd before I install sp2. But when I
tried to install sp2 last night it allowed me to get all the way up to the
final installation, when it said I couldn't do that. I have no idea why. I
am the admistrator on the computer.

Please help.

Maureen

Maureen;
Follow the Service Pack Installation Checklist to install SP-2:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org