HL2: Deathmatch locks up

Everytime I run Half-Life: Deathmatch, I get locked up.
It works okay for a minute or so, then it freezes, can't move
or shoot. If I press the esc-key, then select servers, and then
try to refresh the servers, all servers disappear off the list,
and I get a status message saying the the master server is not
available. Quiting the game and trying to use the internet no
longer works at this point. My other computer cannot access the
internet either after a crash. Rebooting the systems still does
not get me access to the internet. Turning off/on my hub gets me
back to normal.

My Half-Life 2 is installed on a Windows XP system, using an ATI
9800 Pro w/128meg, have 1-gig of system ram, motherboard is 1.2-gig,
Belkins hub, and a Westell DSL modem. All software is updated to the
latest versions.

Any ideas outthere. I haven't tried uninstalling/insalling HL2 yet.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:03:19 -0500, Hanging.out@aol.com wrote:

>Everytime I run Half-Life: Deathmatch, I get locked up.
>It works okay for a minute or so, then it freezes, can't move
>or shoot. If I press the esc-key, then select servers, and then
>try to refresh the servers, all servers disappear off the list,
>and I get a status message saying the the master server is not
>available. Quiting the game and trying to use the internet no
>longer works at this point. My other computer cannot access the
>internet either after a crash. Rebooting the systems still does
>not get me access to the internet. Turning off/on my hub gets me
>back to normal.
>
>My Half-Life 2 is installed on a Windows XP system, using an ATI
>9800 Pro w/128meg, have 1-gig of system ram, motherboard is 1.2-gig,
>Belkins hub, and a Westell DSL modem. All software is updated to the
>latest versions.
>
>Any ideas outthere. I haven't tried uninstalling/insalling HL2 yet.

Correction, I'm running Windopws 2000 with HL2. Sorry.

kirby

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

<Hanging.out@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:03:19 -0500, Hanging.out@aol.com wrote:
>
> >Everytime I run Half-Life: Deathmatch, I get locked up.
> >It works okay for a minute or so, then it freezes, can't move
> >or shoot. If I press the esc-key, then select servers, and then
> >try to refresh the servers, all servers disappear off the list,
> >and I get a status message saying the the master server is not
> >available. Quiting the game and trying to use the internet no
> >longer works at this point. My other computer cannot access the
> >internet either after a crash. Rebooting the systems still does
> >not get me access to the internet. Turning off/on my hub gets me
> >back to normal.
> >
> >My Half-Life 2 is installed on a Windows XP system, using an ATI
> >9800 Pro w/128meg, have 1-gig of system ram, motherboard is 1.2-gig,
> >Belkins hub, and a Westell DSL modem. All software is updated to the
> >latest versions.
> >
> >Any ideas outthere. I haven't tried uninstalling/insalling HL2 yet.
>
> Correction, I'm running Windopws 2000 with HL2. Sorry.

Er, yeh, er, the beta has been withdrawn. They will be releasing the full
version soon with 2 new weapons.

Kirby

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:54:41 GMT, "Kirby" <hgvhgy@wewez.com> wrote:

><Hanging.out@aol.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:03:19 -0500, Hanging.out@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> >Everytime I run Half-Life: Deathmatch, I get locked up.
>> >It works okay for a minute or so, then it freezes, can't move
>> >or shoot. If I press the esc-key, then select servers, and then
>> >try to refresh the servers, all servers disappear off the list,
>> >and I get a status message saying the the master server is not
>> >available. Quiting the game and trying to use the internet no
>> >longer works at this point. My other computer cannot access the
>> >internet either after a crash. Rebooting the systems still does
>> >not get me access to the internet. Turning off/on my hub gets me
>> >back to normal.
>> >
>> >My Half-Life 2 is installed on a Windows XP system, using an ATI
>> >9800 Pro w/128meg, have 1-gig of system ram, motherboard is 1.2-gig,
>> >Belkins hub, and a Westell DSL modem. All software is updated to the
>> >latest versions.
>> >
>> >Any ideas outthere. I haven't tried uninstalling/insalling HL2 yet.
>>
>> Correction, I'm running Windopws 2000 with HL2. Sorry.
>
>Er, yeh, er, the beta has been withdrawn. They will be releasing the full
>version soon with 2 new weapons.
>

>Kirby

They released a commercial Beta version to Walmart? Don't think so.