HL2: Please Post About It

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 16, 2004 9:17:47 AM

If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
play HL2.

More about : hl2 post

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 2:43:15 PM

BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious wrote:

> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
> play HL2.

Athlon 64-3800, 2x512, X800XT

Running as smooth as the smoothest greased up glass at 1280x1024x 4aa&x8af

Damn it's good.

--
somnambulist
November 16, 2004 2:48:37 PM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:17:47 -0500, "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious"
<comeon@dood.com> wrote:

>If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
>getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
>play HL2.

Running well at 1024x768 2xFSAA on my XP2500+/9700 Pro/768MB PC2700. I
get a few occasional stutters at the start of a level, so I think 1GB
memory would be advisable.
November 16, 2004 3:07:12 PM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:43:15 GMT, somnambulist
<somnambulist@simplybeinglove.not> wrote:

>Athlon 64-3800, 2x512, X800XT
>
>Running as smooth as the smoothest greased up glass at 1280x1024x 4aa&x8af
>
>Damn it's good.

On those system specs, it really ought to be!

--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 4:18:25 PM

Julian Richards wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:43:15 GMT, somnambulist
> <somnambulist@simplybeinglove.not> wrote:
>
>>Athlon 64-3800, 2x512, X800XT
>>
>>Running as smooth as the smoothest greased up glass at 1280x1024x 4aa&x8af
>>
>>Damn it's good.
>
> On those system specs, it really ought to be!

Zalman Reserator 1 as well, so it's bloody quiet too!!

It's a tense game I'd say as well, given the first few levels I've gone
through so far.... need to play some more Halo 2 now though I think.

--
somnambulist
Anonymous

In article <Irlmd.11036$14.4509@read1.cgocable.net>,
BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious says...
> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
> play HL2.

XP2500+, 1GB, 128MB ATI Radeon 9800SE AIW returns 41fps in 1280x1024 32
bit with everything on.

--
Conor

Normality will be restored once we work out what normality actually is.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 7:19:26 PM

"BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
> I'm
> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
> play HL2.

Athlon 2800XP
ATI 9800XT
Memory 1gig 333mhz

Running Resolution of 1600*1200 no aa or af (haven't tried it yet)

It runs extremely smooth and love the game to bits Addicted already!!!

Chris Bedford
November 16, 2004 9:49:15 PM

"Chris Bedford" <chris.bedford69@ntlworld.com> skrev i meddelandet

> "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
>> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
>> I'm
>> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
>> play HL2.
>

> Athlon 2800XP
> ATI 9800XT
> Memory 1gig 333mhz
>

> Running Resolution of 1600*1200 no aa or af (haven't tried it yet)
>

> It runs extremely smooth and love the game to bits Addicted already!!!
>

> Chris Bedford

Smooth as silk... =)
P4-3Ghz, 9800Pro, 1Gb3200, S-ATA 160Gb on a 19" TFT.
1024x768, 2xAA, 4xAF, Cat4.11

Brgds / C.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 10:28:25 PM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:19:14 -0000, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <Irlmd.11036$14.4509@read1.cgocable.net>,
>BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious says...
>> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
>> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
>> play HL2.
>>
>XP2500+, 1GB, 128MB ATI Radeon 9800SE AIW returns 41fps in 1280x1024 32
>bit with everything on.

That's a pretty impressive framerate and on similar specs to me. It's
nice to see a cracking new game that's not aiming to make everyone's
PC obsolete.

--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 10:28:51 PM

"BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
> I'm
> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
> play HL2.

XP3200+
1GB 3200RAM
9600XT
Runs good at default 800x600 with noFSAA. Havent tried 1024x768 yet cos
system keeps overheating or poss unstable ram. More fans please!! :)
November 17, 2004 12:24:50 AM

The framerate depends on what point you're at in the game. 41fps when
standing right in front of a wall isn't impressive. Is it an average from a
benchmark? Is it inside or outside? AF settings? Framerates need more
information to be useful.

Mike

"Julian Richards" <see@sig.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:19:14 -0000, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>In article <Irlmd.11036$14.4509@read1.cgocable.net>,
>>BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious says...
>>> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
>>> I'm
>>> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
>>> play HL2.
>>>
>>XP2500+, 1GB, 128MB ATI Radeon 9800SE AIW returns 41fps in 1280x1024 32
>>bit with everything on.
>
> That's a pretty impressive framerate and on similar specs to me. It's
> nice to see a cracking new game that's not aiming to make everyone's
> PC obsolete.
>
> --
>
> Julian Richards
> computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk
>
> XP Home
> L7S7A2 motherboard
> Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
> 1 GB RAM
> 10 GB + 80 GB HDs
> CD+DVD/CDRW drives
November 17, 2004 4:13:20 AM

"BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
I'm
> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
> play HL2.

XP3000+ (333) @ XP3200+ (400)
A7N8X - E - Deluxe
1gig Dual Channel @400
9600pro (256)

Getting a constant 42fps until firefight and tense moments, when it goes
down to anywhere between 25-35fps.

1024x768 - No AA, No AF, World Only.

Damn fool, I shall try some more! !!

Kirby
November 17, 2004 11:13:07 AM

Installed it last night

Excellent

using the video benchmark in the game gave me 96 fps

gameplay was awesome smooth

everything on high 1280 x 1024
no aa or af

2500 Barton running @2.0
asus a7n8 deluxe
1 gig pc 3200 dual channel
9700 pro running @ 360/335
120 gig sata

"BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
I'm
> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
> play HL2.

November 17, 2004 12:58:04 PM

"BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
> I'm
> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
> play HL2.

Running the game at my TFT's optimal of 1280 x 1024 which felt a bit
slugglish on my 9600XT with all detail on high (no AF/AA) so reduced model
detail and shadows down a level and it's now running nicely.. expecting my
X800XT to be delivered before lunch-time today so expecting to get the
detail and AA/AF cranked up :-)

Current system:

P4 Prescott @3.4Ghz
1Gb PC3200 DDR
9600XT 256Mb

--
TP
Anonymous

BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious wrote:

> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
> play HL2.

aiw 9800 pro, xp3200+, 768 megs ocz pc3200EL, a7n8x deluxe.

Runs great a teensy stutter at beginning of levels.

Damn it took me a couple hrs to figger how to get out of the water works
area where the 2 rooms had barrels on one side and the pipes and water
sectioned off with the fence/gate on the other, till i found the valve.
I spent all my time on the barrel side dropping them down the ladder hole
and stacking them in the water under the tunnelway to get into the other
side, yea dumb, but it worked :) , then when i finaly got over to the
other side I noticed the valve ARRRGH!

Gordon
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 9:15:45 PM

AthlonXP 3000 (333) @ stock speed
1GB Mushkin Dual Channel PC3500
Maxtor 120GB SATA
ATI Radeon 9800XT (4.11 drivers, I think)

Running at 1024x768 with full details; don't ask about AA or
AF...defaults...never changed them.

After finally getting the damn thing downloaded (2 days/3 tries), it runs
very well. Better than Doom 3, better than Pacific Assault (which itself
runs better than Doom 3). Nice and smooth.

Brief sluggishness right after it caches the next porion of a level. There
is also the odd time where the HD access light really goes and the game
pauses, but these aren't terribly frequent and I chalk it up to having to
run Steam to play it.

Judging from the other systems out there, I should be able to bump up the
resolution with no problems.
--
Brett Tyre
Kirkland House Foundation

"BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
I'm
> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
> play HL2.

Anonymous
November 19, 2004 9:47:56 PM

I should also mention that I do get a bit of crackle through the speakers,
but this is likely because I'm using a USB 1.1 sound card.
--

!