HL2: Please Post About It

If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
play HL2.
16 answers Last reply
More about post

    BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious wrote:

    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
    > play HL2.

    Athlon 64-3800, 2x512, X800XT

    Running as smooth as the smoothest greased up glass at 1280x1024x 4aa&x8af

    Damn it's good.

    --
    somnambulist

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:17:47 -0500, "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious"
    <comeon@dood.com> wrote:

    >If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
    >getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
    >play HL2.

    Running well at 1024x768 2xFSAA on my XP2500+/9700 Pro/768MB PC2700. I
    get a few occasional stutters at the start of a level, so I think 1GB
    memory would be advisable.

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:43:15 GMT, somnambulist
    <somnambulist@simplybeinglove.not> wrote:

    >Athlon 64-3800, 2x512, X800XT
    >
    >Running as smooth as the smoothest greased up glass at 1280x1024x 4aa&x8af
    >
    >Damn it's good.

    On those system specs, it really ought to be!

    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives

    Julian Richards wrote:
    > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:43:15 GMT, somnambulist
    > <somnambulist@simplybeinglove.not> wrote:
    >
    >>Athlon 64-3800, 2x512, X800XT
    >>
    >>Running as smooth as the smoothest greased up glass at 1280x1024x 4aa&x8af
    >>
    >>Damn it's good.
    >
    > On those system specs, it really ought to be!

    Zalman Reserator 1 as well, so it's bloody quiet too!!

    It's a tense game I'd say as well, given the first few levels I've gone
    through so far.... need to play some more Halo 2 now though I think.

    --
    somnambulist

    In article <Irlmd.11036$14.4509@read1.cgocable.net>,
    BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious says...
    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
    > play HL2.

    XP2500+, 1GB, 128MB ATI Radeon 9800SE AIW returns 41fps in 1280x1024 32
    bit with everything on.

    --
    Conor

    Normality will be restored once we work out what normality actually is.

    "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
    > I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
    > play HL2.

    Athlon 2800XP
    ATI 9800XT
    Memory 1gig 333mhz

    Running Resolution of 1600*1200 no aa or af (haven't tried it yet)

    It runs extremely smooth and love the game to bits Addicted already!!!

    Chris Bedford

    "Chris Bedford" <chris.bedford69@ntlworld.com> skrev i meddelandet

    > "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
    >> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
    >> I'm
    >> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
    >> play HL2.
    >

    > Athlon 2800XP
    > ATI 9800XT
    > Memory 1gig 333mhz
    >

    > Running Resolution of 1600*1200 no aa or af (haven't tried it yet)
    >

    > It runs extremely smooth and love the game to bits Addicted already!!!
    >

    > Chris Bedford

    Smooth as silk... =)
    P4-3Ghz, 9800Pro, 1Gb3200, S-ATA 160Gb on a 19" TFT.
    1024x768, 2xAA, 4xAF, Cat4.11

    Brgds / C.

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:19:14 -0000, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <Irlmd.11036$14.4509@read1.cgocable.net>,
    >BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious says...
    >> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
    >> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
    >> play HL2.
    >>
    >XP2500+, 1GB, 128MB ATI Radeon 9800SE AIW returns 41fps in 1280x1024 32
    >bit with everything on.

    That's a pretty impressive framerate and on similar specs to me. It's
    nice to see a cracking new game that's not aiming to make everyone's
    PC obsolete.

    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives

    "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
    > I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
    > play HL2.

    XP3200+
    1GB 3200RAM
    9600XT
    Runs good at default 800x600 with noFSAA. Havent tried 1024x768 yet cos
    system keeps overheating or poss unstable ram. More fans please!! :)

    The framerate depends on what point you're at in the game. 41fps when
    standing right in front of a wall isn't impressive. Is it an average from a
    benchmark? Is it inside or outside? AF settings? Framerates need more
    information to be useful.

    Mike

    "Julian Richards" <see@sig.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:19:14 -0000, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <Irlmd.11036$14.4509@read1.cgocable.net>,
    >>BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious says...
    >>> If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
    >>> I'm
    >>> getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
    >>> play HL2.
    >>>
    >>XP2500+, 1GB, 128MB ATI Radeon 9800SE AIW returns 41fps in 1280x1024 32
    >>bit with everything on.
    >
    > That's a pretty impressive framerate and on similar specs to me. It's
    > nice to see a cracking new game that's not aiming to make everyone's
    > PC obsolete.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Julian Richards
    > computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    >
    > XP Home
    > L7S7A2 motherboard
    > Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    > 1 GB RAM
    > 10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    > CD+DVD/CDRW drives

    "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
    I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
    > play HL2.

    XP3000+ (333) @ XP3200+ (400)
    A7N8X - E - Deluxe
    1gig Dual Channel @400
    9600pro (256)

    Getting a constant 42fps until firefight and tense moments, when it goes
    down to anywhere between 25-35fps.

    1024x768 - No AA, No AF, World Only.

    Damn fool, I shall try some more! !!

    Kirby

    Installed it last night

    Excellent

    using the video benchmark in the game gave me 96 fps

    gameplay was awesome smooth

    everything on high 1280 x 1024
    no aa or af

    2500 Barton running @2.0
    asus a7n8 deluxe
    1 gig pc 3200 dual channel
    9700 pro running @ 360/335
    120 gig sata

    "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
    I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
    > play HL2.

    "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
    > I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
    > play HL2.

    Running the game at my TFT's optimal of 1280 x 1024 which felt a bit
    slugglish on my 9600XT with all detail on high (no AF/AA) so reduced model
    detail and shadows down a level and it's now running nicely.. expecting my
    X800XT to be delivered before lunch-time today so expecting to get the
    detail and AA/AF cranked up :-)

    Current system:

    P4 Prescott @3.4Ghz
    1Gb PC3200 DDR
    9600XT 256Mb

    --
    TP
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious wrote:

    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system. I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long to
    > play HL2.

    aiw 9800 pro, xp3200+, 768 megs ocz pc3200EL, a7n8x deluxe.

    Runs great a teensy stutter at beginning of levels.

    Damn it took me a couple hrs to figger how to get out of the water works
    area where the 2 rooms had barrels on one side and the pipes and water
    sectioned off with the fence/gate on the other, till i found the valve.
    I spent all my time on the barrel side dropping them down the ladder hole
    and stacking them in the water under the tunnelway to get into the other
    side, yea dumb, but it worked :), then when i finaly got over to the
    other side I noticed the valve ARRRGH!

    Gordon
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    AthlonXP 3000 (333) @ stock speed
    1GB Mushkin Dual Channel PC3500
    Maxtor 120GB SATA
    ATI Radeon 9800XT (4.11 drivers, I think)

    Running at 1024x768 with full details; don't ask about AA or
    AF...defaults...never changed them.

    After finally getting the damn thing downloaded (2 days/3 tries), it runs
    very well. Better than Doom 3, better than Pacific Assault (which itself
    runs better than Doom 3). Nice and smooth.

    Brief sluggishness right after it caches the next porion of a level. There
    is also the odd time where the HD access light really goes and the game
    pauses, but these aren't terribly frequent and I chalk it up to having to
    run Steam to play it.

    Judging from the other systems out there, I should be able to bump up the
    resolution with no problems.
    --
    Brett Tyre
    Kirkland House Foundation

    "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
    I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
    > play HL2.

  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    I should also mention that I do get a bit of crackle through the speakers,
    but this is likely because I'm using a USB 1.1 sound card.
    --
    Brett Tyre
    Kirkland House Foundation
    http://www3.telus.net/public/btyre

    "BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
    > If you're playing it, please let us all know how it runs on your system.
    I'm
    > getting a new system next month but I don't know if I can wait that long
    > play HL2.

Radeon ATI Graphics